Durham’s best dressed this week

Are you still making an effort in week four?

It’s mid-term and we’re all starting to fade. The jumper your mum got you for Christmas now has a stain on it, and summies are looming. Can you really be bothered to still make an effort?

Helena, Sociology, Hatfield, 3rd Year

Screw Helen of Troy, it’s all about Helena of Hatfield. This sass queen is rocking a furry jacket with an incredible leather look skirt. The mix of textures really works for Helena, the soft fur of the coat contrasts with the harsher feel of the skirt. We love how the cream in the jacket also makes the warm tones of her skirt pop. Not quite embodying the ‘cubism’ she’s studying, but she is well and truly forgiven.

Clarissa, English, Cuths, 3rd Year Both practical and fashionable. The knitwear dress over jeans is tough to pull off but pairing it with a white roll neck and brown boots, Clarissa rocks this look. The knitted layers will keep her warm on this windy day. We could tell by the alternative look that she was an english student from a mile off.

Will, Maths, Castle, 1st Year We love Will’s patterned jumper and skinnies ensemble with the navy quilted jacket that ties together the colours in the jumper with the hoodie. Will is going for a solid ‘boy next door’ look, which always goes down well.

Imogen, International Relations, 2nd Year, Hild BedeDressed for fashion success, Imogen’s cropped dungarees look great paired with her patent boots, and the sheer white shirt adds formality to the look, it’s chic and smart, and we love it. The monochrome look is well and truly in this winter, she’s killing it.

Tom, Psychology, Cuths, 3rd YearAs if he just popped off the farm, Tom looks effortlessly co-ordinated in his waxed jacket and matching brown brogues. The winter colour scheme of greens and browns is a winner for this season, and you’re smart casual vibe definitely spruces up the science site. A truly solid part of any look this winter, slim fit black jeans are the linch pin in this look. He’d definitely be one you’d take home to meet your parents.

Hannah, Natural Sciences, Hild Bede, 2nd Year It’s lucky we caught you on the one day you’re not wearing sports kit, because this outfit is a stylish twist on the classic look of jeans and a jumper. The suede jacket with a sheep-shin fur trim paired with the handbag are perfect ways to accessorise the outfit.