Fencers go for gold

Durham’s fencers have had an unprecedented season of some serious success. They’re now looking to go harder and smash the individuals and the cup, with a social or two thrown in…

DUFC durham Fencing team

DU Fencing have gone from strength to strength this season, and we’re not just talking about their socials.

The Men’s 1sts won the Premiership with a 100% record, and the 2nds could well repeat the feat, with just one more match to go.

Dominant

The Women’s 1sts and 2nds both finished 4th in their respective leagues, with the former doing exceptionally well with a team half composed of beginners and the latter finishing with the same number of points as 2nd and 3rd.

The Men’s 3rds are hoping to clinch 3rd.

This weekend sees the team send their best fencers to Individuals, with major BUCS points at stake.

It’s infamous for being known as the most unpredictable competition with genuinely anybody able to medal, and with the strength in depth in this squad, we could well win everything…

St Clair, right, has been killing it.

Our best hopes lie in Sophie St Clair in the women’s epee and Jess Medhurst in women’s foil, whilst the whole men’s Epee team and captain, Will Bettle, represent the boys.

Let’s hope they’re celebrating as per

Today, at 1.30, are the Men’s 1sts against Oxford, against whom it all got a bit hairy last year

.

A certain member still feels guilty for breaking his wrist celebrating the Oxford win and notes that he’s ‘bent entirely upon winning the Cup.’

The Men’s 2nds are looking to defend the title they won last year

, and all our other teams have got stronger as the year’s gone on, so all can succeed in the Cups.

The Palatinates are looking for two trophies and four semi-finals at the very least.

As per, follow the team’s Twitter to track their progress.

Allez.