HB Drops a Bomb on the Fashion Front

Durham fashion show season started off with a bang on Monday with the Hild Bede Charity Fashion Show.

Hild Bede’s Chessie Hearn and Rosie Atkins have been on it since the summer when they made a drunken promise to make this the best college fashion show yet. Did they bite off more than they could chew? Certainly not.

With faultless organisation, an army of fresh-faced fitties and bucketloads of booze, they managed to raise a whopping £5,000 for Walking With The Wounded.

At attention. Our attention.

Laden with wine, vodka and other sweet treats, the exec and friends took part in a cupcake frenzy to decorate the tables with fancy treats. Vodka shots here, drinking games there..The audience was generous in sharing with the sexy beasts walking down the runway (ie forcing alcohol down Jack Curd’s throat). Sharing is caring.

Dream Team.

By the fourth walk, the models had relaxed into comfortable struts, high fives and slut drops, and the guests were rowdily chucking sweets at the fresh meat. James Allbut stopped getting himself in a pickle over the brands and, alongside fellow MC Jenny Hobbiss, started dishing out the inside dirt.

The Light Room, your quintessential Durham wardrobe.

During the interval, one guest commented on “the brilliant choice of music – no better way to get the crowd going.” The underwear walk was obviously on everyone’s mind. At the dress rehearsal, the girls seemed eager to prance around in Lingerie by Annette. The boys? Not so much. Some guests were especially looking forward to the Commando walk. Would the models really be going commando bar the hipster beanies?!

Cool as a QCumber.

Durham University Troupe, led by Bryony Newey, worked their usual swag, with a commercial-electro-street routine following the military theme down to a T.

No frills with cling film. Thrills, though.

Now, what better way to blow your student loan than by bidding for priceless items? Breakfast with the smokin’ hot models reached £90. £105 were dished out to have Henry Close and Dave Parry as shirtless waiters for an evening. Jenny Hobbiss was quick to point a finger at the MONK table for staying quiet during the bidding. Turns out they were saving themselves for the coveted 30 minute massage from Rory Dunnett. Worth £110?

Post-auction victory dance.

Fred Dealer Menswear made an impression on the ladies in the crowd, and the New Look girls lit up the catwalk like a fourth of July.

Making the audience think twice about their next mince pie.

A fit brit.

James Allbut, man of many talents.

They chose to hold it this term so as not to get in the way of the much anticipated DUCFS taking place next term. Other colleges showed their faces in support of the HB fashion team. What could have been an amateur college event turned into a high quality show. As the Grey fashion girls said, “the bar has been set pretty high now!”

Grey girls checking out the competition.

And to top it all off, any special guests? Why yes, of course. David and Laurie Hearn made the trip up from Guildford to support their daughter’s efforts and take the models out for dinner before the show. The topless models sure made an impress on Chessie’s California-raised mum, and David made a point of congratulating everyone on their walks.

Proud parents of an excellent gene pool.

Photos courtesy of Fred Ahern and Charlotte Everitt.