Tab Hotlist: Last Week of Term

Wondering how to make the best of your last week? Here’s the Tab’s round up of the places to be in Durham from now until term ends.

Durham Christian Union Carol Service

DUCCI carol concert

What: As this time of rolls around again, so does the Carol Service. For anyone who hasn’t been before, it’s well worth going, making for a really Christmassy evening and a chance to reconcile yourself with your favorite carols

When: Monday 9th December. Doors open at 6.45 pm for a 7.30 start so be sure to get there early to grab a good seat!

Where: Durham Cathedral

Purple Radio Snowball Crawl

What: Durham’s student radio station are hosting a promotional bar crawl and giving out shedloads of freebies along the way. Stay with them for 3 bars or more to get free entry into Loft.

When: Monday 9th December from 8 pm

Where: Starting at Collingwood and visiting Trevs, Grey, Cuth’s, Chad’s and Hatfield.

Endgame

What: Samuel Beckett’s Tragic Comedy performed by Raving Mask Theatre Company.  Audiences are promised a ‘bleak yet captivating portrayal of human life’ and our ‘inescapable dependency upon others.’

When: December 10th: 7:30pm
December 11th: 6:30 and 8:30pm
December 12th: 6:30 and 8:30pm

Where: Empty Shop

STAB present ‘Christmas Time’

Picture credit: The Northern Echo

What: The Society of Theatrical Arts at Butler are presenting ‘Christmas Time’ in Durham’s Market Hall. The production will move through the building looking at the festive period from World War II to modern day. Free admission but only 35 spaces

When: Tuesday 10th December at 8pm

Where: Durham Market Hall.

Loveshack Wednesday

What: The final Loveshack Wednesday of term. Obviously you’re not going to miss it.

When: Wednesday, from 10.3o pm

Where: Loveshack

The Unreality of Durham

Picture credit: The Northern Echo

What: Recent Van Mildert graduate, James Crosland Mills, has produced an exhibition of fictionalized images of places around Durham city, all based on images he created during his time as a student here.

When: now until December 30th

Where: Durham’s World Heritage Site visitor centre

A Jazzy Christmas

What: Durham University Big Band put on an evening of Christmas favourites but with a cool, funky jazz vibe to them.

When: Wednesday 11th December at 8 pm.

Where: Riverside Bar and Cafe in the DSU