It’s back! – tickets on sale for the Durham University Charity Fashion Show

Previously described as ‘something like you’d see in Paris or Milan’, Durham University Charity Fashion Show is back for its 30th birthday

It’s almost that time of year again; the time of year where you can go and watch beautiful people strutting their stuff whilst also donating to charity. What have you got to lose?

Katy Quicke and Aimee Norman at last years show

If this year’s Durham University Charity Fashion Show is anything like the last one then we can expect girls in lingerie and semi naked boys in boxers. Something for everyone.

Will you be as excited as these guys were about Katy Quicke?

This year DUCFS are supporting The Poppy Factory and their mission to create paid employment opportunities for wounded, injured or sick ex-Servicemen and women, they are hoping to raise even more than in previous years.

Walter Kerr in 2013

2014’s show includes brands such as Un-Nye, Beaufort and Blake and Lingerie by Annette. Once you’ve admired all that you’ll also get the chance to sample cocktails whilst bidding (for charity of course) on an Aston Martin track day.

Sign up is on Friday 6th December and tables are of twelve. Two different types of table are available – VIP, right next to the catwalk (so you can get a better look at those models) and standard. Prices are as follows:

Friday 7 February – VIP TABLE: £45, STANDARD TABLE: £43
Saturday 8 February – VIP TABLE: £50, STANDARD TABLE: £48

£45 to ogle people as stylish as Jay Hawkins? Bargain

Tables should be booked as one transaction. Message Hattie Griffith or E. m. Gould if you have any questions! Keep an eye out for more info updates on Twitter and Facebook.

Also come along to the DUCFS Launch Party kindly hosted by Monk Durham ON FRIDAY in LOFT!

In the meantime, here is a little taster of what we have been up to: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uCib5QxoFk&feature=youtu.be

Photos from 2013 taken by Yargi Erel