Tonight’s DURFC Charity Match moved to Rubber Crumb

DURFC Wednesday Night Lights moves to Maiden Castle’s 3G pitch, Rubbercrumb, in the wake of heavy rain. Kick off at 7pm.

Charity durfc Rubbercrumb rugby

Following the last two days of heavy rain, officials at Durham City RFC have decided that the pitch is unplayable for the Charity game this evening. DURFC and Team Durham have therefore moved the match to Maiden Castle using the 3G pitch – the Rubber Crumb – for tonight’s spectacle versus Northumbria, kicking off at 7pm

Despite this unavoidable setback, the weather is expected to be sunny and dry throughout the day and into tonight, and the new arena has many benefits Durham City does not.

The hard track and dry weather will be conducive to running rugby, so the crowd can expect some exciting action. Also with limited room around the ground, those in attendance will have the unique experience of standing just a few metres away as the two premier sides in the North-East collide.

Beers will be available at the ground, together with a burger van supplying all your match-day specials, so make sure you get down for 6.30 to enjoy the evenings entertainment starting with the College Captain Challenge.

Tickets cost £3 on the gate and all money raised goes to Sport in Action Zambia.