Breaking: Cardiff University have confirmed the death of a member of staff

This is following the closure of the entire Business School earlier on today

Cardiff University have confirmed that a member of staff has died, following an ongoing police investigation earlier today.

The Police have said the death isn't being treated as suspicious, and have reported that the member of staff was taken to the University Hospital of Wales this morning before he later died.

A Cardiff University spokeswoman said: “We are working with South Wales Police following the death of a Cardiff University member of staff today.

"We are not aware of any suspicious circumstances. Anyone affected by this incident will be offered support from a range of professional University staff. Investigations remain on-going."

Earlier today Cardiff University had closed the entire Business school, including The Aberconway Building, Aberconway Library, Postgraduate Teaching Centre and the Julian Hodge Lecture Theatre, after Police were investigating the ongoing incident.

The Tab Cardiff

last seen today at 11:09

Get breaking Cardiff news straight to your WhatsApp

Find out everything going down in Cathays, who’s looking fire in Glam, and all the best Swansea trash talk. Straight into your DMs. 😘