Cambridge University could be getting its ‘own’ themed Nike Air trainers

The Cambridge design, titled ‘The Cambridges,’ is based on the Nike Dunks series.

The Sole Supplier, which sells limited edition shoes, have launched their concept ‘Degree-Worthy Design,’ with mockups of shoes from various UK universities including Cambridge.

Each design is a play on the university’s colours, crest and/or mascot, with a description that plays on university stereotypes. The Cambridge design, titled ‘The Cambridges,’ is based on the Nike Dunks series.

The white base is accented in red and features the university crest. It will also contain ‘mortarboard lace tassels,’ according to the concept website, where you can view their designs.

The Cambridges (Image Credit: The Sole Supplier)

The Cambridges apparently “take you places” and “come with a good chance of landing a job at a high-paying London company.” Other universities with shoes designed for them include Leeds, Durham, Loughborough, Oxford, Manchester, and Imperial College London. The design most popular design will be pitched to the trainer manufacturer.

Keep updated on the sneaker situation by following The Sole Supplier on Instagram, where they regularly post about available products and upcoming launches. 

Feature Image Credits: Ella Fogg and The Sole Supplier