Image may contain: Burger, Dish, Meal, Vegetable, Produce, Food, Plant

Eat your stress: A fancy mess

Look, if you can think of a better name I’ll change it

This is a very easy dinner, and it will make you feel okay again. If you like feta, that is. If you don’t you might struggle.

I'm not sure what to call it – maybe a hash? A bastardised shakshuka? I do not know. All I know is it's savoury, and filling, and rich without being sickly, and you get at least two of your five-a-day in.

It’s oddly filling for only a few “core” ingredients (all of which are reasonably cheap) and you can change the spices to suit- just please don’t use mixed herbs. Those are a sin.

INGREDIENTS

One leek (medium)

One medium red onion

Half a bag of kale/spring greens

A few potatoes

Two large cloves of garlic

Balsamic vinegar

Worcester sauce

Various herbs (I use Italian mixed herb seasoning plus extra thyme and rosemary)

Harissa

Tabasco

Olive oil

A third of a block of feta

METHOD

Chop potatoes into slices and cook in a pan of boiling water until soft, but not falling apart. Chop the potatoes first and let them cook while you do the rest: if they finish beforehand, drain and set aside.

Image may contain: Bowl, Seasoning, Vegetable, Produce, Egg, Food, Plant, Cutlery, Spoon

Ignore the tofu in the background (although you can add it if you like!)

Chop the leek into slim rings and the onion into the same. Cook on a medium heat with oil, a splash of balsamic vinegar and Worcester sauce until they begin to soften. Crush/finely chop and add the garlic, herbs and harissa. Add more balsamic if you think you need it. Throw in the kale and keep cooking down, keeping stirring and adding more oil/flavour. When the kale is nearly done (it’ll be much smaller and softened) add the potatoes. Cook for a few more minutes, still stirring.

Tip out onto a plate and then crumble/chop feta over. Drizzle with good quality olive oil and sea salt. Breathe. You’ve got this.

Image may contain: Produce, Seasoning, Dining Table, Table, Furniture, Vegetable, Meal, Dish, Food, Plant

I don't know whether it's the angle but I've definitely made this look more cursed than it is.

This can also become a very easy green shakshuka- add more spices, discard the potatoes and, when the greens have cooked, make a little well in the middle, add oil and increase the heat, and fry an egg (or two!) in the well. Serve with crusty bread.

Bon appetit everyone x