Young man’s dream of being ‘professor of swords’ one step closer to becoming a reality

He was inspired by the Fitzwilliam Museum’s collection

Cambridge cambridge professor Chocolate collection doctor fake news fitzwilliam Fitzwilliam Museum history Lego Medieval professor sword

Cambridge has previously advertised for Professor of Lego and a Doctor of Chocolate, so why not a Professor of Swords?

In perhaps the cutest story of the year so far, a twelve year old boy has written a letter to the Fitzwilliam Museum asking for advice as to how to pursue a career in swords after being inspired by their medieval collections.

He wrote that "I would really like your advice please about how I could become a professor of swords". Academics from across the country have replied on Twitter, including Cambridge's Archaeology and Anthropology department, who stated that "we could use a Professor of Swords".

The story came to light after a research assistant to Fitzwilliam Museum tweeted a picture of the boy's letter, with the caption "I received the best letter. Things like this are why I love my job. #professorofswords."

The Leeds Royal Armouries also replied stating that they would be happy to help. It really does seem that this boy's dreams may one day come true.