St Catharine’s May Ball LINE UP REVEALED

An infusion of music to serve everyone

afrobeat Cambridge Cambridge University line-up May Ball Music st. catz wiley

Wiley will be headlining St Catz May Ball, supported by the London Afrobeat Collective

Wiley is a British Grime MC with Caribbean roots. The 37 year old rapper has released many now mainstream singles including Wearing My Rolex, Never Be Your Woman, and his UK #1 Heatwave (you’ve heard it in Life). Yet on top of these mainstream hots, Wiley is often cited as the ‘godfather of Grime’ and is considered a pioneer in the English underground music scene.

The London Afrobeat Collective are an incendiary live act who channel the spirit of the Afrobeat founder via bass-heavy rhythms guaranteed to make Catz move. Their newly released second album Food Chain follows the success of their self titled debut album. The band have been supported by the likes of Radio 4 and Radio 6, and have played at a variety of festivals including Glastonbury and Green Man.

The South London Soul Train will be gracing Catz with funk, soul, and groove.

The Menendex Brothers are a twin DJ duo. Expect positive vibes and endless energy! The duo will also be appearing at Glastonbury this year – so catch them on their way to something massive.

Also appearing at ST Catherine’s May Ball 2016 are the Brass Funkys, Selywn Jazz and the Antarctic Monkeys to make you look good on the dance floor.

….not quite as sassy as Alex Turner though, but at least he has the quiff.

Catz Ents Officer, Nancy Geddes, tells the Tab “I’m thrilled that St Catharine’s College May Ball is hosting an indisputable music legend. His pioneering music produced over the last decade has garnered him the status the Godfather of Grime, and will surely go down a treat on the night. Our DJs and supporting acts also offer something for everyone, and we can’t wait for what is going to be an unforgettable evening”

St Catz presents an impressive variety of artists, there really is something for everyone here. However, tickets for Catz May Ball have sold out, so you’ll need to keep an eye out for the odd one floating about.

Remember to keep checking the Tab Cambridge for more May Ball announcements.