GDBO

The 131st Varsity Match is only a day away. Get excited.

We’re less than 24 hours from the grandest of sporting occasions as Cambridge’s Blues prepare to take on the Oxons in The Varsity Match 2012.

Hosted, as ever, on the hallowed turf of Twickenham, the stakes are high this year as Cambridge look to avenge last year’s 28-10 loss.

The Oxons have claimed the last two Matches and are looking for a hat-trick this year.

Captain Rob Malaney has named his squad, which includes seven players who have already won their Blue (marked here with a B):

1. Will Briggs (B) 2. Paul Mallaband 3. Stu Brown (B) 4. Nate Brakeley 5. Scott Annett (B) 6. Rob Malaney (B) 7. Hugo Kelly 8. Matt Steele 9. Seb Tullie 10. Andrew Abraham 11. Will  Smith 12. Dugal Bain 13. Danny Holmes 14. Andy Murdoch 15. Rob Stephen

Replacements:

16. Rupert Cowan 17. Nick Marshall 18. Frank Sanders 19. Max Mather 20. Ollie Wolfe (B) 21. Kristian Cook (B) 22. Ilia Cherezov (B) 23. Kieran Hegarty

To get you in the mood for the 131st Varsity Match, here’s a video of the rival teams training. If you can stomach the Jack Wills-y-ness, it’s a unique insight into the lives of elite athletes. Let’s have it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVSOYESEyzY