Judy’s Vintage Fair

GRACE FISHER picks out some top vintage bargains.

fair fashion vintage
Judy’s vintage fair came to Cambridge on saturday, proving itself to be a hit once more with both locals and students alike. With student loans fresh in their banks, many couldn’t resist the temptation of well priced vintage clothes that offered a fresh alternative to generic high street fashion. Here is The Tab’s pick of the best bargains to be found..
It may not be summer yet, but that’s hardly an excuse not to invest in some decent denim shorts. You may have seen them before, but high waisted shorts were everywhere, many having been reworked from old pairs of jeans, on sale for much less than high street prices.
Next up we have these brilliant studded jumpers; even though they might not be quite “vintage”, they are guaranteed to keep you looking edgy ( and warm!) throughout winter.
Costume jewelry – because lets face it, what student can afford the real thing?
This aztec style bag promises to brighten up even the dullest of outfits.
This summers military trend is definitely continuing this Autumn with army jackets on most stalls, some as pictured, were given a fresh twist with some studs or floral print.
Bargain hunting for vintage items is always great fun and rewarding. But our top tip is to mix them with modern, high street staple pieces- for example the studded jackets will look brilliant with wet-look leggings and costume jewellery will bring life to any outfit.