Cambridge Win Learning Varsity

Cambridge have knocked Oxford off the top spot in the latest university ranking tables to be published.

Cambridge complete university guide goat race number one Oxford Varsity

First the Goat Race, now Cambridge have pushed Oxford off the top in a recently published university league table.

Despite holding first place in The Complete University Guide since 2007, Oxford seem to have let things slip this year, allowing Cambridge to jump into the lead.

Cantabs are now officially attending the best university in the UK, after scoring highest for entry standards, research, graduate prospects, and completion rates.

A spokesman for the University said: “Cambridge is proud of the world-class education we offer – our students benefit from intensive tuition, exceptional individual support and some of the best academic facilities in the world, and they have excellent career prospects.”

But Cambridge students still aren’t happy, with student satisfaction rates lingering behind both Buckingham and Oxford.

The only embarrassing fly in the ointment was Cambridge’s ranking for being green: it came in at a shockingly low 83rd position. But some would say that’s still a victory over arch rivals Oxford, who came in at 84th.

The Top Ten:

1. Cambridge

2. Oxford

3. Imperial College London

4. London School of Economics

5. Durham

6. St Andrews

7. University College London

8. Warwick

9. Lancaster

10. Bath

Click here for the full list.