LIVE UPDATES: Lent Bumps 2011

Follow the Lent Bumps LIVE on The Tab from 2pm.

bumps cucbc lent bumps lent bumps lent bumps 2011 Rowing

Follow the Lent Bumps LIVE on The Tab here from 2pm.

If the Twitter box below isn’t working on your computer, you can go directly to TabSport’s Twitter page HERE.

Welcome to The Tab’s Lent Bumps Live Updates. Over the next 5 days we’ll be tweeting and texting from the river to give you up to the minute coverage of the entire event. Build up, in-race info, comments and analysis, it’s all here, plus we’ll have a full daily round up available each evening.

Get involved by tweeting #TabSport, emailing [email protected] or commenting below. Don’t forget you can also listen live to our partners at Cam FM, who will be commentating on the races.

—————————————————————————————————————-

DAY FIVE

17.10 Well, that’s all folks. What an incredible five days of rowing. We’ve have three headship changes, crashes, pileups, a double overbump, overbumps, and bumps galore. Some both outstandingly excellent and outstandingly poor performances from various crews made for constant excitement and entertainment, and the action more than made up for the largely average weather all week.

Thanks for following these updates. Thanks to everyone who tweeted updates from the river to us all week, with Rebecca Powell today responsible for most of them but everyone’s texts throughout the week were appreciated.

And a last huge thanks to Cam FM for their fantastic coverage all week, a tremendous effort. It’s been great,don’t miss Henry Charrington’s final day analysis and pictures and videos to follow, and see you all for the May Bumps!

16.56 Well, bumps galore then in that division, and even the row overs were exciting. Those results are now confirmed. Rather unsurprisingly, the main talk has to be Caius and their taking of the headship. Downing deserve plenty of credit for their performance both this week and today, but today the best boat ended top – Caius thoroughly deserve their headship.

Caius get their blades also but Christ’s miss out, and King’s pick up spoons.

16.53 Another great race, and a new head of the river! These look like the final results for the M1 division

1 Caius – NEW HEAD OF THE RIVER
2 Downing
3 FaT
4 LMBC
5 Queens’
6 Pembroke
7 Tit Hall
8 Jesus
9 Peterhouse
10 Clare
11 Magdalene
12 Emma
13 Girton
14 King’s
15 Christ’s
16 Fitz
17 Robinson
18 Churchill

16.51 Good tussles between FaT and LMBC, and Tit Hall and Jesus – four row overs but lots of exciting racing there. Magdalene bump Emma too

16.48 Wow. Down the division, Queens’ and Peterhouse look to have bumped Pembroke and Clare respectively

16.46 King’s give in to Girton, as predicted. Christ’s hopes of blades look slim. Nailbiting between Downing and Caius, and Caius take the headship from them!!!!!!!!!

16.45 All still tense at the top. Caius have left FaT trailing behind them, but Downing still staying strong.

16.40 5 days of hard racing, culminating in this last race. How will it all go down? Lets find out!

16.34 Lots to watch out for in this division. Christ’s have had an excellent week and could get blades if they bump Girton, but Girton will be looking to hit King’s first, who are eligible for spoons and have had a disappointing time of it all round as far as I can recall. Peterhouse and Magdalene also look good to bump, providing the latter’s boat is fixed after drama yesterday! LMBC could move up on FaT today also, but will have to watch Pembroke

And then there’s the headship…Downing claimed it from FaT in the second race, but Caius have been hugely impressive all week and will be confident of another fast start. My money’s on them to steal it. They would get blades if they do manage to take Downing, so extra incentive there, if any more was needed!

16.28 Just over ten minutes until M1 starts – the ultimate race of these Lent Bumps. Here’s how they line up..Just to mention also in W1 that in addition to the blades for Downing and Queens’, Catz picked up spoons for their bump by Magdalene

1 Downing
2 Caius
3 FaT
4 LMBC
5 Pembroke
6 Queens’
7 Tit Hall
8 Jesus
9 Clare
10 Peterhouse
11 Emma
12 Magdalene
13 King’s
14 Girton
15 Christ’s
16 Fitz
17 Robinson
18 Churchill

16.21 I’m still buzzing from that race. Not to say that all of them haven’t been exciting today, but W1 was definitely the division of the day so far, with just M1 to come.

The two big stories of the division this week have to be Downing and FaT. The Downing girls have looked superb all week, and their description by one Tab tweeter today as looking “cool as a cucumber” sum up just how much stronger they seem than the rest of the division.

Meanwhile, FaT have slumped disappointingly, but their row over today will give them hope that they have stopped the rot in time for May Bumps. They will be be chased by a resurgent Queens’ though, who looked elated with their bump(s) today and will enjoy their blades. M1 left to go!

16.19 Results then. Pembroke, Queens’, Clare, Newnham, Magdalene, and Selwyn all bump then, and Downing hold the headship – very well done.

1 Downing
2 Pembroke
3 Emma
4 FaT
5 Queen’s
6 Christ’s
7 Jesus
8 Tit Hall
9 Clare
10 Caius
11 Newnham
12 LMBC
13 Magdalene
14 Catz
15 Selwyn
16 King’s
17 Churchill
18 Peterhouse

16.12 What a race!!! Some brilliant contests there – Pembroke and Emma, Jesus and Tit Hall, and LMBC and Newnham all involved in some fantastic drama. Pembroke and Newnham grab the bumps but Tit Hall will be shaking their heads in disbelief after missing out on the chance to hit Jesus. Results to follow..

16.10 Looks like bumps for Selwyn and magdalene too

16.09 Queens’ bump Christ’s to take blades- the happiest boat of this week’s Bumps? – and Caius are taken by Clare. Downing have so much clear water, definitely blades for them.

16.07 Don’t rule out Tit hall on Jesus though, and FaT aren’t far enough ahead of Christ’s to call it comfortable

16.04 Christ’s struggling early on – Queens’ look determined to get blades but Jesus aren’t giving them up

16.02 All the boats lined up and ready to go. I’m excited

15.56 So Downing, Tit Hall, and now Queen’s all up for blades after that controversial re-row earlier, while (gasp) FaT, Christ’s and Catz will be fighting to avoid spoons.

Downing have been superb all week – a toss up between them and Caius M1 for boat of the week in my eyes – expect them to keep the headship. Elsewhere, Selwyn, Pembroke, and Jesus could all move up a place

15.54 Onwards to W1. Lineup below.

1 Downing
2 Emma
3 Pembroke
4 FaT
5 Christ’s
6 Queen’s
7 Jesus
8 Tit Hall
9 Caius
10 Clare
11 LMBC
12 Newnham
13 Catz
14 Magdalene
15 King’s
16 Selwyn
17 Churchill
18 Peterhouse

15.50 Full results from M2 below. Corpus get their spoons, but Pembroke in fact agonisingly miss out on their blades, as Wolfson did in fact just hold them off.

1 Churchill
2 Catz
3 Selwyn
4 Caius II
5 FaT II
6 Downing II
7 Sidney Sussex
8 Jesus II
9 Lady Margaret II
10 Wolfson
11 Pembroke II
12 Homerton
13 Queens’ II
14 Emmanuel II
15 Corpus
16 Christ’s II
17 St Edmund’s
18 ARU

15.45 While we wait for those results, a chance to catch up on Douglas Phillips, who was kind enough to email us today about the M1 carnage last night.

I have just been going through the various film footage of yesterday’s bump racing and have a question relating to the M1 division. From the way I see it, Magdalene bumped King’s and Girton stopped rowing. Fitz’s bow ball passed Girton’s before they crashed into Magdalene so they effectively bump Girton? Then Christ’s crash and Robinson after holding up row passed Christ’s so surly they bump Christ’s?.

Not sure whether you agree with that or not, but there was lots of controversy in that race yesterday after a pile up, and not all teams in W1 are too happy either after the re-row today. As if these divisions needed anything more to spice them up!

15.37 Not that I don’t trust The Tab’s team braving it in rather dim conditions by the river, but think I’ll wait for official results from our wonderful partners Cam FM before confirming that Pembroke/Wolfson bump . Other bumps in that division involved Catz on Selwyn, Caius on FaT, Jesus on LMBC, and Corpus on Emma

15.35 Hearing that Pembroke have bumped Wolfson, stay with us on this one. Emma bump up on Corpus too

15.32 LMBC’s miserable day continues – they’ve been bumped here by Jesus.

15.30 A bump for Caius II on FaT. Caius M1 will be hoping for similar success later. Selwyn bumped by Catz, giving Churchill breathing space at the top

15.29 So much excitement, all boats really going for each other at the minute. Top stuff!

15.28 Off they go. No early bumps at the top

15.17 Two interesting threesomes to watch out for in Jesus- Wolfson- Pembroke and FaT – Caius – Downing. Henry reckons Wolfson and Caius will get the crucial bumps in those affairs, but its going to be close either way. Churchill have looked strong all week and are unlikely to be caught by Selwyn, who will have to watch Catz behind them but should be comfortable

15.13 Ok, so this is the lineup. Watch out for Pembroke chasing Wolfson hard to get their blades, and Corpus trying to avoid spoons

1 Churchill
2 Selwyn
3 St. Catharine’s
4 First and Third II
5 Caius II
6 Downing II
7 Sidney Sussex
8 Lady Margaret II
9 Jesus II
10 Wolfson
11 Pembroke II
12 Homerton
13 Queens’ II
14 Corpus Christi
15 Emmanuel II
16 Christ’s II
17 St Edmund’s
18 ARU

15.08 Looks like W2 all finalised then, it has been a very exciting division this week, then again I don’t know if there has really been any disappointing divisions – a very good Bumps this term. We’re over halfway through the day now, and we turn to M2 now.

15.01 So Murray Edwards get their blades, and thoroughly deserved by all accounts, as do Lucy Cav/Hughes Hall. Christ II’s bump on ARU condemns the latter to spoons, and also gives the Christ’s girls blades with an impressive +7 for the week, firmly cementing their place in W2 for the Mays.

Three out of four predictions correct for The Tab’s rowing correspondent too on that one, he really has been excellent all week.

14.59 Provisional results then, we’ll let you know if there’s any changes..

1 Peterhouse
2 Girton
3 Murray Edwards
4 Emma II
5 Lady Margaret II
6 Fitz
7 Sidney Sussex
8 Jesus II
9 Corpus Christi
10 Hughes Hall/Lucy Cav.
11 Robinson
12 Pembroke II
13 Homerton
14 First and Third II
15 St Edmund’s
16 Christ’s II
17 ARU
18.Caius II

14.55 Those bumps just mentioned all correct. Caius II don’t seem to be anywhere. have they gone home to watch the football for the day?! Looks like FaT and St Eds will be rowing over too

14.53 LMBC, Jesus and Corpus all set to row over too towards the top of the division

14.51 Seems to be an incident at the bottom, with the three boats ARU Christ’s and Caius all caught up in it. Murray Edwards have bumped up on Emma, Girton and peterhouse set to row over

14.49 Murary Edwards not giving up easily though. Pembroke appear to have bumped Homerton, and Hughes Hall/Lucy Cav on Robinson but not confirmed as of yet. Same for Fitz on Sidney

14.47 Underway. Emma look like they could cost Murray Edwards blades by getting to Girton first

14.40 Just before the race starts, should say a thanks to those keeping the twitter feed going, doing a great job guys and girls!

14.36 W2 is also the first division of the day where there are more crews up for blades than spoons. Christ’s, St. Ed’s and Lucy Cav/Hughes Hall all eligible near the bottom, while Murray Edwards will hope to bump up to 3rd to pick up their blades. ARU up for spoons.

Aside from all the crews chasing blades, Fitz expected to bump Sidney, although Jesus will surely give them a hard chase from behind after such a close race yesterday.

14.34 Just over five minutes until W2 then, and what an exciting race this threw up yesterday, the Sidney, Jesus, Fitz trio taking part in one of the most exciting chases of the week. Line up below.

1 Peterhouse
2 Girton
3 Emmanuel II
4 Murray Edwards
5 Lady Margaret II
6 Sidney Sussex
7 Fitzwilliam
8 Jesus II
9 Corpus Christi
10 Robinson
11 Hughes Hall/Lucy Cav.
12 Homerton
13 Pembroke II
14 First and Third II
15 St Edmund’s
16 Anglia Ruskin
17 Christ’s II
18.Caius II

14.30 Because Hughes Hall moved up a division earlier in the week and so raced as a sandwich boat, they bumped in four out of their five races BUT NOT every day, meaning they could end up without blades despite ending up on +8! That decision is in the hands of the boat club. Now to W2, we’ll see how they line up next.

14.26 As the twitter feed tells you, Magdalene boys caught drinking beer and champagne in their boat after moving up to second in the division. Watch out for those photos in The Tab’s summaries of Lent Bumps. And on that note, well done on Catz for defying Henry Charrington’s prediction. 2 out of 3 on that division Henry.

14.23 A word on the Robinson/Hughes Hall bump. Robinson slipped to -8 with that result, leaving them tied with Fitz II in the M4 division for the worst score of these bumps, being bumped twice and overbumped twice. Meanwhile, Hughes Hall move up to +8 for the week – the best of the week yet – after three bumps and a double overbump on Fitz II on Day 2.

14.19 Right then, probable results for M3. LMBC, Robinson and Darwin all get spoons, but no blades for Caius we don’t think, leaving Clare Hall and Pembroke III in the M4 division the only boats to have picked up blades so far.

1 ARU
2 Magdalene II
3 Darwin
4 Peterhouse II
5 Churchill II
6 Selwyn II
7 FaT III
8 Tit Hall II
9  Clare II
10 King’s II
11 Jesus III
12 Hughes Hall
13 Robinson II
14 St Catz II
15 Caius III
16 Girton II
17 LMBC III
18 Addenbrooke’s

14.12 Robinson condemned to spoons after Hughes Hall catch them. The form (and out of form) boats really distinguishing themselves here on this last day. Provisional results in a sec..

14.09 And Tit Hall bump up on Clare, while LMBC have been comprehensively bumped by Girton. Churchill bump Selwyn too, leaving FaT to row over

14.07 Darwin and Jesus bumped by Magdalene and King respectively. ARU look to row over

13.58 Well then. Caius III can continue their rise up from Division 4 and are eligible for blades, while Darwin can continue their fall from M2 and pick up spoons if they are bumped today. Robinson and the aforementioned LMBC also up for spoons. Darwin, Catz and LMBC predicted to be bumped.

13.54 Some very strong views about LMBC III coming through on the twitter feed above from riverside. John’s boys and girls (or anyone else for that matter), would you agree with the criticism? Let us know – [email protected]

13.51 So the results for W3 were as we thought. A full set of correct predictions for Charrington too. Here’s how M3 line up – just under ten minutes to go

1 ARU
2 Darwin
3 Magdalene II
4 Peterhouse II
5 Selwyn II
6 Churchill II
7 FaT III
8 Clare II
9 Tit Hall II (from 12th)
10 Jesus III
11 King’s II
12 Robinson II (from 9th)
13 Hughes Hall
14 St Catz II
15 Caius III
16 LMBC III
17 Girton II
18 Addenbrooke’s (sandwich boat)

13.44 M3 coming up in around twenty minutes. Hearing from Tab reporters riverside that John’s fans are already writing off their team’s chances of avoiding spoons today. Sounds like their own boat agrees. Lineup to go up shortly, and we’ll confirm the W3 results too.

13.35 We think this is how everything has ended, but still to confirm..

1 Caius II
2 Newnham II
3 Addies
4 Darwin
5 Wolfson
6 Downing II
7 Clare II
8 Selwyn II
9 Peterhouse II
10 Queens’ II
11 Tit Hall II
12 Sidney II
13 Clare Hall
14 Newnham III
15 Girton II
16 Fitz II
17 Hughes Hall/Lucy Cav
18 Murray Edwards II

13.30 Still tight between Darwin and Wolfson, and the trio of Clare Hall, Newnham and Girton, but once again a fairly predictable race. Provisional results to follow..

13.26 Fitz catch Hughes Hall/Lucy Cav, surely consigning Murray Edwards to spoons

13.24 Newnham get the bump on Addies, Sidney and Queens’ both bumped. Caius, Selwyn and Clare Hall look set to row over

13.21 And it’s underway. Caius look vulnerable early on, but Newnham are chasing Addies too. Clare bumped by Downing

13.16 Its difficult to see any of those four avoiding spoons, but there has been plenty of movement all week in this division so expect a lot of bumps

13.10 Here is how W3 line up then. A division of misery you could say, with no boats eligible for blades but four trying to avoid spoons (Clare II, Queens’ II, Sidney II, and Murray Edwards II).

1 Caius II
2 Addenbrookes
3 Newnham II
4 Darwin
5 Wolfson
6 Clare II
7 Downing II
8 Selwyn II
9 Queens’ II
10 Peterhouse II
11 Sidney II
12 Tit Hall II
13 Clare Hall
14 Newnham III
15 Girton II
16 Hughes Hall/Lucy Cav
17 Fitz II
18 Murray Edwards II

13.06 And five out of five predictions correct for our rowing correspondent. Spot on. W3 coming up in about fifteen minutes

13.01 A few blades and plenty of spoons then. Clare Hall and Pembroke pick up their blades with bumps, but Queens’ overbump takes them to +5 for the week, they’ve bumped on three days.

FaT IV, Sidney II, Downing III and Jesus IV collect their spoons, as do Fitz II with a marvellously abysmal score of -8. Nice to know not all Downing boats are invincible too.

12.53 Addies overbumped by Queens’ III. The other four boats mentioned below all rowed over as far as our reporters saw. So, a race with plenty of action but not too many shocks today. Provisional reports look like this.

1 Queens’ III
2
Clare Hall
3 Fitz II

4
Addies
5
Wolfson II
6 FaT IV

7
Emma III
8
Pembroke III
9 Sidney

10
Christ’s III
11 Homerton II
12 Tit Hall III
13
Queens’ IV
14 Catz III

15 Downing III
16
Hughes Hall II
17
Magdalene III
18 Jesus IV

12.48 Downing bumped by Catz and Jesus bumped by Magdalene by sink to the bottom of the division. Christs, Homerton and Hughes Hall set to row over.

12.45 Pembroke get their blades too by bumping Sidney, and Tit Hall bump Queens’ IV.  Addies, Queens’ III and Emma III set to row over, but don’t rule out any overbumps!

12.44 Oh dear, Fitz bumped already by Clare Hall! Addies will row over then. And Wolfson bump up on FaT too

12.41 Just before M4 gets under way, Queen’s bump Jesus in the W1 rerow, meaning Christ’s will stay in 5th for today’s race, with Queen’s and Jesus in 6th and 7th. Some confusion after the developments of last night, but that is how they will line up. Stay tuned for M4 in a minute..

12.36 The bottom division, and a division with the most number of boats up for spoons. 6 in total, with only Clare Hall and Pembroke fighting for blades. Always a race with plenty of action, watch out for bumps from Magdalene, Pembroke and Tit Hall. Also, if Clare Hall can hold off Queens’, they will surely get their blades by sealing Fitz II’s spectacular fall from grace.

12.32 Ok, just under ten minutes to go until the first race gets underway, heres how they line up..

Addenbrooke’s
2
Fitz II
3
Clare Hall
4
Queens’ III
5
FaT IV
6
Wolfson II
7
Emma III
8
Sidney
9
Pembroke III
10
Christ’s III
11 Homerton II
12 Queens’ IV
13
Tit Hall III
14
Downing III
15 St Catz III
16
Hughes Hall II
17
Jesus IV
18 Magdalene III

12.26 Quick run down for the day too. After the W1 rerow from yesterday between Christ’s, Jesus and Queens’, M4 first at 12.40, then W3 (13.20), M3 (14.00), W2 (14.40), M2 (15.20), W1 (16.00), then M1 to round things off at 16.40. We’ll be sticking with all the action throughout. If you think your predictions are better than our man Henry Charrington’s, or have any comments or support for any boats, get in touch; [email protected] is the email address for that.

12.20 Hello and welcome to the final day of Bumps! Its all set for a hugely exciting last day; can Caius take the headship; will Downing W1 continue their imperious form?; can the W2 race provide as much excitement as yesterday?; will Fitz M II put an end to their woes?

We’re about twenty minutes away from our first race, M4 lineup and predictions to follow. Take a look at our Cambridge Companion to Bumps, or our summaries of the Days OneTwoThree, or Four here, and don’t forget to check out Cam FM’s commentary too (link above)

—————————————————————————————————————-

DAY FOUR

17:06 And that, for one more day, is that. We start at the extremely early time of 12:40pm tomorrow, with M4, and by 5pm we will know who has the headship, who will get blades, and who will have the embarrassmentof spoons. Full round up on this site later in the evening as well, with tables, analysis and predictions. See you tomorrow. It’s going to  be huge!

17:04 A bit of a wait for those results, but here they are. Peterhouse got a bump on Emma, and Christ’s on Fitz. That means three crews going for M1 blades tomorrow. Christ’s at the bottom, who have been excellent all week, and then Caius vs Downing at the top. King’s on course for spoons if Girton can catch them.

1 Downing
2 Caius
3 FaT
4 LMBC
5 Pembroke
6 Queens’
7 Tit Hall
8 Jesus
9 Clare
10 Peterhouse
11 Emma
12 Magdalene
13 King’s
14 Girton
15 Christ’s
16 Fitz
17 Robinson
18 Churchill

16:51 We think that most of those boats have rowed over, although Queens’ may have caught Pembroke. Not sure. Here are the provisional results, the big story being that Caius and Downing, both going for blades, will compete for the headship tomorrow. Don’t miss it!

1 Downing
2 Caius
3 FaT
4 LMBC
5 Pembroke
6 Queens’
7 Tit Hall
8 Jesus
9 Clare
10 Emma
11 Peterhouse
12 Magdalene
13 King’s
14 Girton
15 Fitz
16 Christ’s
17 Robinson
18 Churchill

16:47 LMBC holding off Pembroke for now, Queens’ closing in as well. Close, as we expected. A bit of a pile up at the back, could be a technical row-over there, not hugely clear. Not much action behind Tit Hall, 6 boats are stuck at grassy corner, we’ll see what the umpires rule there.

16:45 Caius have now bumped FaT, another very quick start from them. Peterhouse bump Emma, Magdalene bump King’s. Or have Girton bumped Magdalene. Could have gone either way.

16:43 Start gun has gone, M1 underway. Caius have made yet another quick start. Slight narrowing of the gap on FaT. No early bumps in this division, but then you wouldn’t expect any.

16:41 Nervous tension as we await the start of M1. Not for me have favourites (and if I did they’d only go and lose!)  but for the sake of tomorrow this needs Caius to bump FaT.

16:33 Today’s final set of predictions then: Caius, Christ’s and Magalene should all bump up if things go to form, but there could be a four way tussle is the middle between LMBC, Pembroke, Queens’ and Tit Hall. Of those Tit Hall are on for blades, while LMBC were unlucky to come up against the fastest boat in Cambridge in Caius yesterday.

16:29 Just 10 minutes to go before the show-piece, M1.  All eyes on Caius as they look to set up a final day showdown with Downing. But FaT won’t go down without a fight. Here’s the starting order:

1 Downing
2 FaT
3 Caius
4 LMBC
5 Pembroke
6 Queens’
7 Tit Hall
8 Jesus
9 Clare
10 Emma
11 Peterhouse
12 King’s
13 Magdalene
14 Girton
15 Fitz
16 Christ’s
17 Robinson
18 Churchill

16:24 Now, it looks like Jesus got to Christ’s before Queens’ hit them. Tears for some of the Queens’ girls. No blades for them, but Christ’s could still get spoons, while Trinity Hall’s quest for blades will now be behind Queens’. Much more difficult you’d imagine.

1 Downing
2 Emma
3 Pembroke
4 FaT
5 Jesus
6 Christ’s
7 Queens’
8 Tit Hall
9 Caius
10 Clare
11 LMBC
12 Newnham
13 Catz
14 Magdalene
15 King’s
16 Selwyn
17 Churchill
18 Peterhouse

16:23 While we wait for those results, a tiny shove in the direction of our round-up, where boatie guru Henry Charrington will analyse all the day’s action.

16:19 To confirm, provisionally, blades possible for Downing, Queens’, who chase Christ’s tomorrow, and Trinity Hall who will pursue Jesus. Some quality action to be had there I’d expect. FaT could get spoons, but with Christ’s chasing them, they may escape, while Catz will be awarded spoons if Magdalene catch them. Got to love provisional confirmation, official results, as ever, as soon as we get them.

16:15 Very convincing from Downing, they stay at the head, and on course for blades. The provisional results leave three on for blades and two for spoons.

1 Downing
2 Emma
3 Pembroke
4 FaT
5 Christ’s
6 Queens’
7 Jesus
8 Tit Hall
9 Caius
10 Clare
11 LMBC
12 Newnham
13 Catz
14 Magdalene
15 King’s
16 Selwyn
17 Churchill
18 Peterhouse

16:12 Jesus get their bump…or do they. Actually looks like Queens’ have bumped Jesus. So Queens’ still going for blades, Christ’s avoid spoons.

16:08 Magdalene bump King’s. Downing very comfortable at the front, Pembroke have just bumped FaT, Emma haven’t challenged at all but will row over. Christ’s just about holding off Jesus who are in turn being pursued by Queens’. All very close there.

16:06 Pembroke get it going now and are right on top of FaT. Newnham bump Catz, Magdalene close to King’s, and Trinity Hall very close to Caius.

16:05 Downing open up a gap at the front, but FaT moving towards Emma, while Pembroke are right behind them. No bumps yet.

16:04 1 minute cannon goes. Headship up for grabs again, as off they go.

16:02 I’m ready, the boats seem like they’re ready…let’s get cracking with W1.

15:56 What should you be looking out for in this one? Well Downing have been superb at the head so far, and even though Emma should offer more of a challenge than FaT, it shouldn’t be too much trouble. Pembroke should pass struggling FaT, while LMBC, Newnahm, Tit Hall and maybe even Queens’ all have a shot at bumps today.

15:50 Two more races to go on this, the penultimate day of Lent Bumps 2011. W1 go off in about 10 minutes:

1 Downing
2 Emma
3 FaT
4 Pembroke
5 Christ’s
6 Jesus
7 Queens’
8 Caius
9 Tit Hall
10 Clare
11 LMBC
12 Catz
13 Newnham
14 King’s
15 Magdalene
16 Selwyn
17 Churchill
18 Peterhouse

15:46 Here are those results, and its good news for Downing and Queens’, who did get their banks on Sidney Sussex and Corpus respectively. That means that Corpus are on course for spoons.

1 Churchill
2 Selwyn
3 St. Catharine’s
4 First and Third II
5 Caius II
6 Downing II
7 Sidney Sussex
8 Lady Margaret II
9 Jesus II
10 Wolfson
11 Pembroke II
12 Homerton
13 Queens’ II
14 Corpus Christi
15 Emmanuel II
16 Christ’s II
17 St Edmund’s
18 ARU

15:44 Not that and division this week has lacked drama, but I feel like W1 has been right up there with the most. Only 4 boats stayed still yesterday, and one of those was the sandwich boat. Once we have the M2 results confirmed I’ll give you the full line up.

15:35 And if those results are correct it would mean that only Pembroke II are still eligible for blades, and no-one can get spoons in M2. Very competitive division.

15:32 Not too many bumps then. Provisional results are as follows, but don’t be surprised if Queens’ are awarded that bump.

1 Churchill
2 Selwyn
3 St. Catharine’s
4 First and Third II
5 Caius II
6 Sidney Sussex
7 Downing II
8 Lady Margaret II
9 Jesus II
10 Wolfson
11 Pembroke II
12 Homerton
13 Corpus Christi
14 Queens’ II
15 Emmanuel II
16 Christ’s II
17 St Edmund’s
18 ARU

15:28 Downing II very close to the back of Sidney. Pembroke have bumped up on Homerton. At the bottom there are technical row-overs for  all the bottom 6 boats, so perhaps Queens’ didn’t get that bump. We think Sidney have just survived the Downing II onslaught, but it was close.

15:26 Queens’ bump Corpus, Downing closing on Sidney Sussex. Jesus II we think have bumped Wolfson. A bit of a hold up at the back. Homerton, in clear water, have crashed, Pembroke II closing in on them now.

15:23 Cannon goes, Churchill off quickly.  Catz already closing on FaT. And they’ve bumped them already! We said they needed a fast start and they got it!

15:22 Some pretty horrific penguin wrapper jokes on CamFM. Evidence that we are indeed running a little late. About a minute to go…

15:16 All set  for M2.  Everyone ready? First Cannon about to sound.

15:12 What does Charrington predict for this one? Glad you asked. Catz have a good chance to bump FaT back (it was only a coxing disaster that cost them yesterday) unless they get caught first by Caius II, who, as I mentioned earlier, are rapid. Similar story for Emma II, who should be quick enough to catch Queens’ unless they bump Corpus early. Some overbump possibilities maybe? Who knows. St Ed’s and Downing should also continue their upward progress.

15:10 M2 looks like this:

1 Churchill
2 Selwyn
3 First and Third II
4 St. Catharine’s
5 Caius II
6 Sidney Sussex
7 Downing II
8 Lady Margaret II
9 Wolfson
10 Jesus II
11 Homerton
12 Pembroke II
13 Corpus Christi
14 Queens’ II
15 Emmanuel II
16 Christ’s II
17 St Edmund’s
18 ARU

15:04 Next up its the turn of the men’s second division. Some seriously fast boats in this one, Caius II were excellent yesterday, while lower down Pembroke II have looked good. Full line up and predictions to come in a couple.

15:01 Confirmed results for W2:

1 Peterhouse
2 Girton
3 Emmanuel II
4 Murray Edwards
5 Lady Margaret II
6 Sidney Sussex
7 Fitzwilliam
8 Jesus II
9 Corpus Christi
10 Robinson
11 Hughes Hall/Lucy Cav.
12 Homerton
13 Pembroke II
14 First and Third II
15 St Edmund’s
16 Anglia Ruskin
17 Christ’s II
18.Caius II

14:56 Only ARU still eligible for spoons in W2 then, as we await the official results. Murray Edwards, Hughes/Lucy, St Ed’s and Christ’s could all still get blades. Really good division this one! That Sidney/Jesus/Fitz race  was absolutely heart-wrenching for Jesus, but Sidney Sussex, who as a club have struggled badly this week, can be really proud of their performance today.

14:53 Technical row overs for Pembroke II and FaT II behind that Hughes Hall/Lucy Cav bump on Homerton. St Ed’s did catch ARU we believe as well, well  Peterhouse looked safe at the top, as did Girton. Christ’s II stay on course for blades by bumping Caius at the bottom.

1 Peterhouse
2 Girton
3 Emmanuel II
4 Lady Margaret II
5 Murray Edwards
6 Sidney Sussex
7 Fitzwilliam
8 Jesus II
9 Corpus Christi
10 Robinson
11 Hughes Hall/Lucy Cav.
12 Homerton
13 Pembroke II technical row over
14 First and Third II technical row over
15 St Edmund’s
16 Anglia Ruskin
17 Christ’s II
18.Caius II

14:49 Sidney half a length from Jesus II, who in turn are half a length from Fitz. Jesus struggling a little, Sidney pull away, and Fitz smash into Jesus. Fantastic race there, well rowed Sidney and Fitz

14:46 Murray Edwards have bumped LMBC II, they still stay on course for blades. Sidney, Jesus and Fitz  are all close. Jesus need to make that bump quickly if they are to avoid a bump. Peterhouse pulling away from Girton a bit more.

14:44 Robinson bumped by Corpus, Girton catching Peterhouse a bit. Emma a fair way back. Big pile-up towards the bottom. We think Pembroke II have bumped Lucy Cav/Hughes Hall and that’s caused a pile-up. Peterhouse still in the lead, but Girton close.

14:41 And we’re off…Peterhouse reasonably comfortable at the front, they should be OK today you’d think.

14:37 About to get going: glorious sunshine down by the river, cracking conditions.

14:32 And some W2 predictions for you – Henry wasn’t as good on M3 as he has been this week, but I’m sure he’ll bring it back with these ones: Emma should catch Girton, while Fitz, St Edmunds and the Lucy Cav/Hughes Hall combo should both be moving up. Watch out for a tough tussle between Murray Edwards and LMBC II.

14:28 Follow that W2! Great entertainment. Here’s  the line up for the women’s second division, starting in just over 10.

1 Peterhouse
2 Girton
3 Emmanuel II
4 Lady Margaret II
5 Murray Edwards
6 Sidney Sussex
7 Jesus II
8 Fitzwilliam
9 Robinson
10 Corpus Christi
11 Homerton
12 Hughes Hall/Lucy Cav.
13 Pembroke II
14 First and Third II
15 Anglia Ruskin
16 St Edmund’s
17 Caius II
18. Christ’s II

14:23 Here are the official results: ARU did get Darwin first, and Magdalene have been awarded a technical row-over. Harsh on Peterhouse, who performed well today. Lower down it looks like Hughes Hall managed to hold off that late Catz II charge, so no blades for Catz II.

1 ARU
2 Darwin
3 Magdalene II
4 Peterhouse II
5 Selwyn II
6 Churchill II
7 FaT III
8 Clare II
9 Tit Hall II (from 9th)
10 Jesus III
11 King’s II
12 Robinson II (from 12th)
13 Hughes Hall
14 St Catz II
15 Caius III
16 LMBC III
17 Girton II
18 Addenbrooke’s (sandwich boat)

14:21 Have to say, whatever the outcome at the top, that was an extremely exciting race. Three boats, in reverse speed order, giving it their all. Top quality.

14:13 What we can tell you, for certain, is that Caius III and St Catz II stay on course for blades, and Robinson, having been overbumped, are now -7 for the week, and look like definite spoons. LMBC are also potential for spoons, having fallen to Caius III.

14:06 Overbump for Trinity Hall on Robinson. Addenbrooke’s way behind Girton, no bump for then: Here are the provisionals, but a big doubt about the top. If ARU bumped Darwin first, then Peterhouse II would have bumped Magdalene II. But if Magdalene II bumped ARU first, then Peterhouse would get an overbump and move to the top of the division. I’ve left it as they started, we’ll need the official results to be sure…
1 Darwin
2 ARU
3 Magdalene II
4 Peterhouse II
5 Selwyn II
6 Churchill II
7 FaT III
8 Clare II
9 Tit Hall II (from 9th)
10 Jesus III
11 King’s II
12 Robinson II (from 12th
13 St Catz II
14 Hughes Hall
15 Caius III
16 LMBC III
17 Girton II
18 Addenbrooke’s (sandwich boat)

14:04 Peterhouse are now the furthest boat forward, so someone’s made a mistake out of the front three. Churchill bump FaT. Robinson II may be about to be overbumped by Trinity Hall II, while Hughes Hall having to fight hard to hold off Catz.

14:01 Very bunched up at the top, some quick boats chasing some slow ones. ARU bump Darwin. Or have Magdalene  bumped ARU. Confusing. Jesus III bump King’s II.

14:00 Bang on time, here we go with M3

13:58 CamFM boldly predicting some overbumps, we’ll have to see if they materialise. Magdalene should take out ARU at the top, and Darwin aren’t the quickest, so always a chance, but I’m going to keep on the fence and say it’ll be a big ask for Peterhouse II

13:56 You might have noticed that the Twitter feed has been a little slower than normal this morning. Unfortunately one of our reporters has been taken ill, so the majority of coverage will  be down here today.

13:54 Predictions time: Hughes Hall have looked fantastic so far this week, expect them to keep moving up. Caius and Magdalene should also be confident of a bump, while Addenbrooke’s attempt to catch Girton at the bottom should be intriguing.

13:51 The starting order for M3 looks like this:

1 Darwin
2 ARU
3 Magdalene II
4 Peterhouse II
5 Selwyn II
6 FaT III
7 Churchill II
8 Clare II
9 Robinson II
10 King’s II
11 Jesus III
12 Tit Hall II
13 Hughes Hall
14 St Catz II
15 LMBC III
16 Caius III
17 Girton II
18 Addenbrooke’s (sandwich boat)

13:49 Just over 10 minutes until we have M3, start list for that, and predictions, in just a moment. Before that let me just give you a run-down of what we have ahead today. After M3 we have W2 and M2 (at 2.40 and 3.20) before the First Divisions round it off this evening (4pm and 4.40). Then, later this evening we’ll bring you a full round-up, as usual, with the added bonus of a little blades/spoons indicator.

13:45 The results are in. Murray Edwards II can be added to that list of eligible for spoons.

1 Christ’s II
2 Addenbrooke’s
3 Newnham II
4 Darwin
5 Wolfson
6 Clare II
7 Downing II
8 Selwyn II
9 Queens’ II
10 Peterhouse II
11 Sidney II
12 Tit Hall
13 Clare Hall
14 Newnham III
15 Girton II
16 Hughes Hall/Lucy Cav
17 Fitz II
18 Murray Edwards II

13:38 While we wait for those official results, allow me to point you to a sad sad story. Cambridge University Rugby Football League club suffered an horrific beating last night, live on Sky Sports. If you didn’t see it (and it is still being repeated on tv) you can read about it here. Share their pain.

13:34 For those of you who are only just joining The Tab’s Bumps coverage here are a couple of things to help you through. The Cambridge Companion to: Lent Bumps, and round ups from Day 1Day 2 and Day 3. That should bring you up to speed.

13:32 So Christ’s II keep up their charge upwards, as predicted, as do Peterhouse. Clare II, Queens’ II and Sidney II all stay on course for spoons.

13:29 And the provisional results: Definite bumps for Christ’s II, Wolfson, Selwyn and Peterhouse. A little more confused at the bottom. Full results when we have them

1 Christ’s II
2 Addenbrooke’s
3 Newnham II
4 Darwin
5 Wolfson
6 Clare II
7 Downing II
8 Selwyn II
9 Queens’ II
10 Peterhouse II
11 Sidney II
12 Tit Hall
13 Clare Hall
14 Newnham III
15 Hughes Hall/Lucy Cav
16 Girton II
17 Fitz II
18 Murray Edwards II

13:26 Here’s how the went off.

1 Addenbrooke’s
2 Christ’s II
3 Newnham II
4 Darwin
5 Clare II
6 Wolfson
7 Downing II
8 Queens’ II
9 Selwyn II
10 Sidney II
11 Peterhouse II
12 Tit Hall
13 Newnham III
14 Clare Hall
15 Hughes Hall/Lucy Cav
16 Girton II
17 Murray Edwards II
18 Fitz II

13:22 Here we go again. After three excellent days of rowing, Lent Bumps 2011 is entering it’s fourth day. Apologies for the late start. W3 already a little underway.  I’ll  put the start order up and the results to come in a second.

—————————————————————————————————————-

DAY THREE

17:08 Well that’s enough from me for today. A huge thanks to Simon, braving the cold to bring you the tweets as it happened. We’ll have full round-up, analysis and predictions up on the site later on, don’t miss those, the predictions in particular have been spot on all day. I’ll be back from 1pm tomorrow. See you then!

17:05 Here are those official results: Downing have the double headship!

1 Downing
2 FaT
3 Caius
4 LMBC
5 Pembroke
6 Queens’
7 Tit Hall
8 Jesus
9 Clare
10 Emma
11 Peterhouse
12 King’s
13 Magdalene
14 Girton
15 Fitz
16 Christ’s
17 Robinson
18 Churchill

16:57 Phew, what a day. Just waiting on confirmation for that M1 race, but the feeling is that Downing’s headship will be confirmed. Terrrific day for them, all the hard work paying off. I’m sure Henry will tell you later in his analysis, but LMBC will be gutted to have been bumped by Caius, who look very quick.

16:52 It looks like double headship then for Downing, but if Caius can pas FaT tomorrow then we could be in for a real battle on Saturday, between the two fastest crews. Christ’s are well and truly safe in M1 now, it’s been a great few days for them!

16:50 Here are the unconfirmed results:

1 Downing
2 FaT
3 Caius
4 LMBC
5 Pembroke
6 Queens’
7 Tit Hall
8 Jesus
9 Clare
10 Emma
11 Peterhouse
12 King’s
13 Magdalene
14 Girton
15 Fitz
16 Christ’s
17 Robinson
18 Churchill

16:47 Emma chasing Clare, but probably unlikely to bump there. A lot of crews looking like they will row over. Churchill making very little impression at the bottom. And we’re hearing that Downing have indeed bumped FaT to go head of the river.

16:45 Downing up to within 1/2 a length of FaT, but no longer gaining. Queens’ struggling to make an impression on Pembroke. Trinity Hall have bumped Jesus. Wait, we now have overlap between Downing and FaT. Very close to the headship.

16:44 Caius have bumped LMBC violently, while Downing close in on FaT. Peterhouse bump King’s. Christ’s bump Robinson, they continue to move up.

16:41 FaT have made a decent start, they obviously don’t mind being written off. Caius have made a great start on LMBC, could be an early bump there.

16:40 1 minute gun gone. Butterflies for those crews.

16:35 Only 5 minutes to go….this race is has been billed, again, as Downing vs FaT, but there’s plenty to come from lower down the division too. Can Churchill get back into the division? Will Kings bounce back against Emma? 4 minute cannon has gone.

16:32 A reminder of TabSport’s predictions: Jesus to be bumped by Trinity Hall (who, as a club, have thus far been excellent, every boat is up on their starting position!), and Downing will push FaT hard again. The bad news for our man Henry is that he is rarely wrong. So when he back Caius to pass LMBC, he’s probably going to be right.

16:30 M1 starting order:

1 FaT
2 Downing
3 LMBC
4 Caius
5 Pembroke
6 Queens’
7 Jesus
8 Tit Hall
9 Clare
10 Emma
11 King’s
12 Peterhouse
13 Magdalene
14 Girton
15 Fitz
16 Robinson
17 Christ’s
18 Churchill

16:27 With those results in, 100% turns to M1. They’re doing their practice starts right now. Excitement building.

16:26 Here are those confirmed W1 results:

1 Downing
2 Emma
3 FaT
4 Pembroke
5 Christ’s
6 Jesus
7 Queens’
8 Caius
9 Tit Hall
10 Clare
11 LMBC
12 Catz
13 Newnham
14 King’s
15 Magdalene
16 Selwyn
17 Churchill
18 Peterhouse

16:23 Moving towards the last, and biggest, race of the day, M1. Can FaT hold on? Or will Downing pick up the double headship? Under 20 minutes until that one.

16:17 That’s 6 definite bumps, including a ‘bump back’ for Newnham against Kings. Shows just how competitive this W1 division is. We should be getting the confirmed results in a moment…but it now looks like LMBC did bump Catz.

16:11 So, what do you make of that? Very impressive from Downing, they look far and away the best women’s crew, but Emma will have a chance to challenge them tomorrow after they passed FaT. Elsewhere, as predicted, Trinity Hall and Newnham got their bumps, while Selwyn continue their upward trend

16:07 Unconfirmed results: There was late drama between LMBC and Catz, we think St Catz just held on, but we’ll confirm that when the official results come through.

1 Downing
2 Emma
3 FaT
4 Pembroke
5 Christ’s
6 Jesus
7 Queens’
8 Caius
9 Tit Hall
10 Clare
11 Catz
12 LMBC
13 Newnham
14 King’s
15 Magdalene
16 Selwyn
17 Churchill
18 Peterhouse

16:06 Queens’ bump Caius, Selwyn bump Churchill. Peterhouse will remain the sandwich boat. LMBC still all over St Catz, but not quite caught them yet.

16:04 FaT concede to Emma, huge dissapointment for them. LMBC right on the back of Catz, and Newnham have closed that gap, and now they bump Kings.

16:02 Downing ‘awesomely powerful’ according to CamFM. 3 lengths clear. Tit Hall about to bump Clare, in fact yes, there’s a bump. but Kings look comfortable against Newnham. Pembroke have taken Christ’s.

16:00 There’s the gun. Downing off very quickly. Pembroke closing on Christ’s a bit, as are Caius on Jesus. No early bumps, as you’d perhaps expect at this level.

15:58 Almost ready to go then, expect Downing to stay put at the front, but FaT have a point to prove against a strong Emma crew. Newnham and Trinity Hall are our other tips for this one.

15:50 W1 starting order:

1 Downing

2 FaT
3 Emma
4 Christ’s
5 Pembroke
6 Jesus
7 Caius
8 Queens’
9 Clare
10 Tit Hall
11 Catz
12 LMBC
13 King’s
14 Newnham
15 Magdalene
16 Churchill
17 Selwyn
18 Peterhouse

15:48 Well I really enjoyed that one, top quality drama in M2, if not always top quality coxing! W1 boats preparing to take to the water, we’ll have the starting order for that in just a couple of minutes.

15:42 Churchill will have another shot at M1 then in about an hours time, while Catz, who looked like they might catch Selwyn, will be gutted. Caius II look excellent, and will surely be looking at blades now.

15:37 Official results time. It is in fact as we reported live, St Catz were indeed bumped by FaT and Selwyn rowed over, while Wolfson caught Jesus II. So Henry got that right too. Sorry for the confusion, CamFM knocked us a bit off course there, but we won’t hold it against them!

1 Churchill
2 Selwyn
3 First and Third II
4 St. Catharine’s
5 Caius II
6 Sidney Sussex
7 Downing II
8 Lady Margaret II
9 Wolfson
10 Jesus II
11 Homerton
12 Pembroke II
13 Corpus Christi
14 Queens’ II
15 Emmanuel II
16 Christ’s II
17 St Edmund’s
18 Darwin

15:30 Bitter dissapointment for Sidney then, after coming so close on Tuesday they’ve been bumped by a very fast Caius II. All a bit of a mess at the top, but credit to Churchill who looked good. The same cannot be said for the next few boats, and we await official confirmation there.  As for Charrington’s predictions, well they look pretty accurate so far.

15:26 Emma bump Christ’s, looks like Jesus will row over, though there is confusion with Jesus, Wolfson and Homerton. Have to wait for the full results on that, we’ll leave them all in place in the provisionals:
1 Churchill
2 St. Catharine’s
3 Selwyn
4 First and Third II
5 Caius II
6 Sidney Sussex
7 Downing II
8 Lady Margaret II
9 Jesus II
10 Wolfson
11 Homerton
12 Pembroke II
13 Corpus Christi
14 Queens’ II
15 Emmanuel II
16 Christ’s II
17 St Edmund’s
18 Darwin

15:24 St Catz have crashed into the bank, so no bump for them and it looks like FaT II will pass them. LMBC have conceded to Downing, another bump there. Wolfson very close to Jesus II.

15:23 St Ed’s have caught Darwin to get off the bottom of the division, Downing II are chasing LMBC II hard. St Catz close to Selwyn at the front.

15:20 As we expected, Caius II have started very quickly. Churchill look reasonably solid at the front (or is it just that Selwyn look poor). Sidney have indeed been bumped, as have Peterhouse.

15:19 One minute cannon has gone, I have a feeling that this one’s going to have drama. But then I normally do!

15:13 Crews getting ready. If you need reminding, Charrington tipped Wolfson, Caius II, St Edmund’s and Pembroke II to bump today. He’s usually spot on, so hard work for Jesus II, Sidney, Darwin and Corpus if they want to avoid a bump.

15:10 10 minutes to go until M2 go, and you know the drill  by now, here comes the starting order:

1 Churchill
2 Selwyn
3 St. Catharine’s
4 First and Third II
5 Sidney Sussex
6 Caius II
7 Lady Margaret II
8 Downing II
9 Jesus II
10 Wolfson
11 Homerton
12 Corpus Christi
13 Pembroke II
14 Queens’ II
15 Christ’s II
16 Emmanuel II
17 Darwin
18 St Edmund’s (sandwich boat)

15: 05 Next up – M2. Plenty of discussion in boatie circles about how close Sidney got to FaT seconds without bumping on Day 1. Some maintained there was massive overlap for 700 yards, others claimed that FaT pulled away by the end. Call me a pessimist but from the Sidney point of view I think they might have to look behind at Caius II more than ahead today.

15:00 Here is that confirmation then, and well done to Simon by the river, spot on, Homerton did indeed row over, as did Corpus.

W2 results:

1 Peterhouse
2 Girton
3 Emmanuel II
4 Lady Margaret II
5 Murray Edwards
6 Sidney Sussex
7 Jesus II
8 Fitzwilliam
9 Robinson
10 Corpus Christi
11 Homerton
12 Hughes Hall/Lucy Cav.
13 Pembroke II
14 First and Third II
15 Anglia Ruskin
16 St Edmund’s
17 Caius II
18. Addenbrooke’s 

14:53 Still no official results, but the crews who got bumps there are celebrating vociferously. Fitz and Murray Edward in particular look very pleased.

14:50 So that’s another success for Tab boatie Henry Charrington, who told us that Emma looked likely to get past LMBC, which they did. Elsewhere a very strong performance from Murray Edwards to pass Sidney. We think Homerton rowed over, but there is some debate: they may have bumped corpus.

14:48 So here’s what we think the provisional results are – there is some confusion about what’s happened in the middle, so we await confirmation:

1 Peterhouse
2 Girton
3 Emmanuel II
4 Lady Margaret II
5 Murray Edwards
6 Sidney Sussex
7 Jesus II
8 Fitzwilliam
9 Robinson
10 Corpus Christi
11 Homerton
12 Hughes Hall/Lucy Cav.
13 Pembroke II
14 First and Third II
15 Anglia Ruskin
16 St Edmund’s
17 Caius II
18. Addenbrooke’s

14:45 Emma II have bumped LMBC II

14:43 St Edmund’s bump Caius and FaT have bumped ARU. Sidney have indeed been bumped by Murray Edwards, and we think Pembroke on Homerton.

14:42 Murray Edwards closing on Sidney, no early bumps as far as we can tell….wait Fitz have bumped Robinson, so scrap that.

14:41 One minute cannon goes, W2 is about to start.

14:38 We’ve had the 4 minute cannon. As our riverside tweeter points out, this is almost on time! Whatever next!

14:33 Starting order for W2 (who are only on their second day remember!)

1 Peterhouse
2 Girton
3 Lady Margaret II
4 Emmanuel II
5 Sidney Sussex
6 Murray Edwards
7 Jesus II
8 Robinson
9 Fitzwilliam
10 Corpus Christi
11 Homerton
12 Pembroke II
13 Hughes Hall/Lucy Cav.
14 Anglia Ruskin
15 First and Third II
16 Caius II
17 St Edmund’s
18. Addenbrooke’s

14:29 Let’s switch focus to W2 then. About 10 minutes to go until that one, and it should be good. It’s very fast at the top, anything could happen! Starting order in a second…

14:22 So, with 48 hours rest before they next race, the M4 boats who have spoons to worry about are Fitz II, FaT IV, Sidney II, Downing III, Jesus IV and Magdalene III. Clare Hall and Pembroke III meanwhile are on course for blades.

14:19 Confirmation of those results: we had it right, but I’ll put them up again just to make sure.

1 Addenbrooke’s
2 Fitz II
3 Clare Hall (from 6th)
4 Queens’ III
5 FaT IV
6 Wolfson II (from 3rd)
7 Emma III
8 Sidney
9 Pembroke III
10 Christ’s III
11 Homerton II
12 Queens’ IV
13 Tit Hall III
14 Downing III
15 St Catz III
16 Hughes Hall II
17 Jesus IV
18 Magdalene III

14:17 I feel I should apologise to Addenbrooke’s for writing them off pre-race. Top performance from them, and they’ll hope to get back into M3 tomorrow.

14:13 The nightmare continues then for Fitz, while five other boats in the division remain eligible for spoons. Lots of work to be done when they return on Saturday. We’ll confirm those results for you when the officials do.

14:08 Also looks like Clare Hall overbumped Wolfson, so all change in the top half. Here are the provisional results:

1 Addenbrooke’s

2 Fitz II
3 Clare Hall (from 6th)
4 Queens’ III
5 FaT IV
6 Wolfson II (from 3rd)
7 Emma III
8 Sidney
9 Pembroke III
10 Christ’s
11 Homerton II
12 Queens’ IV
13 Tit Hall III
14 Downing III
15 St Catz III
16 Hughes Hall II
17 Jesus IV
18 Magdalene III

14:05 It’s all eased off a bit after those early bumps, not too much action in the second half of the course I’d fancy.

14:03 Addenbrooke’s have bumped Fitz II, what a shocker they’re having. Jesus IV have been bumped and it looks like Sidney have also continued their downward progress.

14:01 And off we go: A good start for Addenbrooke’s, closing on Fitz. Queen’s III bump FaT IV

14:00 One minute cannon has sounded, we’re ready to go…

13:57 Simon, who’s riverside, tweets that it’s ‘absolutely freezing’. Sometimes doing the updates from a distance doesn’t seem like too bad a thing”

13:55 Just minutes to go, boats getting ready. A quick something for those of you who prefer your sports more land-based (and perhaps a bit bloodier), the continuation of everyone’s favourite boxing blog has just gone online. Read it HERE.

13:52 A quick reminder that CamFM are just about to start their coverage of Bumps Day 3, where you can hear live commentary. And they are playing Chumbawumba at the moment, which is just fanastic! (Is there a better pre-match song?  I’ve never found one!)

13:49 M4 will start it going for the third day in a row, before they get a nice rest tomorrow. Here’s how they’ll line up:

1 Fitz II
2 Addenbrooke’s
3 Wolfson II
4 FaT IV
5 Queens’ III
6 Clare Hall
7 Sidney
8 Emma III
9 Christ’s
10 Pembroke III
11 Homerton II
12 Queens’ IV
13 Downing III
14 Tit Hall III
15 St Catz III
16 Jesus IV
17 Hughes Hall II
18 Magdalene III

13:41 So, under twenty minutes to go before Day 3 gets going. If you to go down to the river, be sure to give us a tweet (#TabSport), if you’re stuck in your room working, drop us an email. We want to hear from everyone!

13:34 And we’ll round off the day with M1 at 4:40. Can FaT hold on for another day? Will the powerful Caius boat find a way past LMBC? It should be a cracker!

13:30 Then to W1 at 4. Downing should hold their place at the head without much trouble, but expect FaT to slip further down with an advancing Emma looking dangerous. There was a lot of action in this division yesterday, so certainly one to watch for some ‘bump backs’

13:27 At 3:20 its over to M2, who should also be nice a fresh. Sidney will once again look to attack FaT II after getting so close on Tuesday, but will  have a very quick Caius crew at their backs. Churchill drop into the division, but should hold off Selwyn at the top.

13:22 With the third tier getting the day off today, its straight to W2 at 2:40. They had the day off yesterday, so should be raring to go. Peterhouse have slipped into the division, and with a fast paced top 5 will have to be at their best if they have hopes of maintaining their position as the sandwich boat.

13:15 With about 45 minutes to go, it’s time to let you know what we have in store today: M1 will once again prove a highlight, but we start at 2pm, with M4, where Fitz will hope to bounce back after a disastrous Wednesday. Lucky for them the boat behind them is on the slide. Addenbrooke’s have suffered so far this week, and Wolfson will look to bump them early, but in a division which saw 6 bumps yesterday, expect the unexpected!

13:05 Some housekeeping before we really get stuck in to today: A huge thanks to Simon Bajkowski who, whatever it may say at the top of the page, kept you going through yesterday. It’s back to me today and tomorrow, which means [email protected] if you want to be in touch.

13:02 Welcome back! We’re approaching the half-way stage of Lent Bumps, and hasn’t it been a treat so far. Just in case you’ve missed it, you can read what’s been happening in the last two days here (day 1) and here (day 2).

—————————————————————————————————————-

DAY TWO

17.10 Those results just below for M1 have been confirmed, so that is how things will begin. Another thrilling day, with excitement in every division. Sadly, the two divisions that gave the most shocks today – W3 with two boats crashing, and M3 with Hughes Hall getting a DOUBLE OVERBUMP on Fitz II – will not be racing tomorrow, but I am sure there will be still be plenty to keep you entertained. That’s all from me for the day, keep checking The Tab for a summary of the days events later. Broken boats, unbelievable scores and a new head of the river – you don’t want to miss it. Thanks for following, enjoy the rest of your Wednesday!

17.03 Not as many bumps as in W1 then, but still a good race nonetheless. FaT fought off an early charge from Downing to keep their headship, so those two will lock horns again tomorrow in the same starting positions. Caius proved their Pembroke Regatta form was no fluke, and Queens’ also looked impressive.

16.53 Ok, lots of action to tell you about in M1 Bumps in the middle, but not many changes top and bottom! Here are the provisional results..

1 FaT

2 Downing

3 LMBC

4 Caius

5 Pembroke

6 Queens’

7 Jesus

8 Tit Hall

9 Clare

10 Emma

11 Kings

12 Peterhouse

13 Magdalene

14 Girton

15 Fitz

16 Robinson

17 Christ’s

18 Churchill

16.45 The race is underway!

16.35 Right, so FaT have lost the headship in W1; can they hold onto it in the mens’ division? Here’s the lineup below. Downing will again be very confident, and so will Queens’ and Churchill. The form team is Caius after their “unstoppable” performance in Pembroke Regatta, and watch out for Tab Rowing Correspondent Henry Charrington in the LMBC boat. Race coming soon.

1 FaT

2 Downing

3 LMBC

4 Pembroke

5 Caius

6 Jesus

7 Queens’

8 Clare

9 Tit Hall

10 King’s

11 Emma

12 Peterhouse

13 Magdalene

14 Girton

15 Fitz

16 Robinson

17 Churchill

18 Christ’s

16.22 I don’t know if i was expecting significantly less bumps the higher up the division we got, but I’m pleased to say it isn’t the case! Only 4 boats rowing over making it exciting for neutrals, whatever the frenzy such action sends my phone into.

16.19 Results for W1, in a day of much change, look like this.

DOWNING – New Head of the River

2 FaT

3 Emma

4 Christ’s

5 Pembroke

6 Jesus

7 Caius

8 Queens’

9 Clare

10 Tit Hall

11 Catz

12 LMBC

13 King’s

14 Newnham

15 Magdalene

16 Churchill

17 Selwyn

18 Peterhouse

16.15 All over in W1 for the day – looks like seven bumps in total, the big one being Downing bumping FaT to take the headship.

16.08 Off we go. Downing take FaT already! This bump was expected, but not this early!

15.56 Here come the big guns then. W1 race to start soon, here is the lineup. All the talk is of whether FaT can keep their headship, especially after Downing’s impressive form at Pembroke Regatta, but watch out for Newnham and Tit Hall also.

1 FaT

2 Downing

3 Christ’s

4 Emma

5 Pembroke

6 Jesus

7 Caius

8 Clare

9 Queens’

10 Catz

11 Tit Hall

12 LMBC

13 Newnham

14 King’s

15 Churchill

16 Magdalene

17 Peterhouse

18 Selwyn

15.50 Top marks to our rowing guru Henry, four out of four predictions correct in that last race. Lets hope his luck holds out in LMBC in M1 later. The top divisions to come!

15.47 Still trying to find out what happened there with the DOUBLE OVERBUMP. I’ll be honest, I can’t remember that happening in a long, long time. Fitz II now -6 over two days and Hughes Hall an incredible +7 for the two days. Remarkable.

15.44 Absolute disaster for Fitz II! DOUBLE OVERBUMPED, ridiculous scenes here at Bumps as Hughes Hall bump to see Fitz fall to the bottom of the division. They can’t be happy!

15.40 And here we are…

1 St Ed’s

2 ARU

3 Magdalene II

4 Peterhouse II

5 Selwyn II

6 FaT III

7 Churchill II

8 Clare II

9 Robinson II

10 King’s II

11 Jesus III

12 Tit Hall II

13 Hughes Hall

14 St Catz II

15 LMB III

16 Caius III

17 Girton II

18 Fitz II

15.37 Magdalene steaming through at the end! They’ve overbumped FaT! FaT were looking to bump ARU so not sure what happened there, but there you have it. Another race full of surprises. Full results to come

15.31 Clare II have bumped Robinson II, and Caius III and Catz II have also bumped up

15.29 Again not much action at the top. Further down, Peterhouse bump Selwyn, and King’s continue their good form bumping Jesus.

15.21 A slight delay gives us a bit more time to look ahead to the race. All of the top four rowed over yesterday, can they do it again? Hughes Hall have raced twice and bumped twice so far; they will be confident going in as the sandwich boat chasing Caius III, although Caius III may catch Girton first. Robinson II and LMBC III will want to put their overbump yesterday behind them, but are both being chased by boats who bumped up. All hotting up by the river, including the sun being out (slightly) – Tab correspondents who have braved both days seem a lot happier today!

15.19 And the line up for M3 for today is as follows..

1 St. Ed’s

2 ARU

3 First and Third III

4 Selwyn II

5 Peterhouse II  (+3)

6 Magdalene II (+1)

7 Churchill II (-1)

8 Robinson II (-3)

9 Clare II (+1)

10 Jesus III (-1)

11 King’s II (+3)

12 Trinity Hall II (+1)

13 Fitzwilliam II (-1)

14 Lady Margaret III (-3)

15 St. Catharine’s II (+1)

16 Girton II (-1)

17 Caius III (+1)

18) Hughes Hall (+2)

15.11 That in fact gives us a nice link, as from one division with two overbumps, we go to another! Peterhouse II and King’s both managed this in M3 yesterday, eyes on them to see if they can do it again. Kings II, Clare II and Catz II all worth watching out for in this race, and should be interesting to see who catches who first near the top with Magdalene II and Peterhouse II both pushing for bumps.

15.06 Late shout as Peterhouse girls OVERBUMP Clare Hall, who were the second boat of the division to crash. After the antics in M4 yesterday with the re-row, W3 has comfortably taken the mantle so far of the most chaotic race of today!

15.02 M3 will only be rolling on in about twenty minutes though, so if you want a quick cuppa or need to go to the plodge, now is the time! Or let the sweet music of Cam FM keep you entertained

15.00 Good day for the Newnham girls, with their 2nd and 3rd boats both bumping up. Tab predictions slightly awry on that one, down to 50%, including the disastrous pick of Clare II. Roll on M3!

14.57 Full results for W3 then in yet another exciting race.

1 Addenbrookes

2 Christs II

3 Newnham II

4 Darwin

5 Clare II

6 Wolfson

7 Downing II

8 Queens’ II

9 Selwyn II

10 Sidney II

11 Peterhouse II

12 Tit Hall

13 Newnham III

14 Clare Hall

15 Hughes Hall/Lucy Cav

16 Girton

17 Murray Edwards

18 Fitz II

14.50 Downing bump up on Queens’, as do Peterhouse and Girton. Terrible start for Queens’ continues after being overbumped yesterday. Real talking point in that race has to be Clare II going into the bank though! Full results to follow

14.47 Disaster strikes! Clare crash into the bank, leaving them overbump fodder as Christ’s gleefully row past them. Further down, Selwyn bump Sidney and Newnham III seem to have bumped Clare Hall

14.46 Not too much action early on at the top. Newnham bump Darwin though

14.43 Watch out for Newnham, Hughes Hall/Lucy Cav, Clare II and Downing in this division. One overbump yesterday, so lets hope for more excitement ahead. Starting soon!

14.41 Attention now turns to W3. Here’s how they line up after yesterday,

1 Addenbrookes (-1)

2 Clare II (-1)

3 Darwin

4 Newnham II (+3)

5 Christ’s II (+1)

6 Wolfson (-1)

7 Queens’ II (-3)

8 Downing II (+1)

9 Sidney II (-1)

10 Selwyn

11 Clare Hall

12 Newnham III

13 Trinity Hall II (+1)

14 Peterhouse (-1)

15 Hughes Hall/Lucy Cavendish (+1)

16 Murray Edwards II (-1)

17 Girton II

18 Fitz II

14.37 Two out of three predictions right for The Tab’s Henry Charrington. He’s doing alright by Meatloaf’s standards.

14.33 So thats bumps for Hughes Hall on Addenbrookes, Wolfson on FaT, Clare on Sidney, Pembroke on Homerton, Queens’ IV on Downing, Catz on Jesus, and Hughes Hall II on Magdalene. Another action packed race from all the M4 boys

14.30 Sorry for that folks, it appears no updates I wrote in the last twenty minutes came up. Here is the full list of results from M4’s race today

1 Hughes Hall

2 Addenbrookes

3 Wolfson II

4 FaT IV

5 Queens’ III

6 Clare Hall

7 Sidney

8 Emma III

9 Christs

10 Pembroke III

11 Homerton II

12 Queens’ IV

13 Downing III

14 Tit Hall III

15 St Catz III

16 Jesus IV

17 Hughes Hall II

18 Magdalene III

14.07 Like yesterday, lots of bumps in this division so far, although not the carnage of yesterday.

14.04 And they’re off..Fat IV bumped by Wolfson II early on, Addenbrooke’s caught by Hughes Hall II also.

14.01 Slight delay, but should be underway soon.

13.54 Not long left to wait. The Tab’s rowing guru Henry Charrington reckons Hughes Hall II, Tit Hall III, and Pembroke are the boats to watch today. If you want a handy reminder of what bumps is all about, check out hisCambridge Companion to the Lents.

13.50 Ten minutes to go until the first race of the day. Here’s how M4 lines up today:

1 Addenbrooke’s (-1)

2 Hughes Hall II (+1)

3 First and Third (-1)

4 Wolfson

5 Queens’ (+1)

6 Sidney Sussex II (-1)

7 Emma III

8 Clare hall

9 Christ’s III

10 Homerton II

11 Pembroke III (+1)

12 Downing III (-1)

13 Queens’ IV

14 Trinity Hall III (+1)

15 Jesus IV (-1)

16 Catz III

17 Hughes Hall II

18 Magdalene

13.35 Bumps coverage just kicked off on Cam FM with Sophie, link is above for that coverage.

13.33 In a slight change to yesterday, if you have any predictions, comments, or reactions about the action today, send your thoughts to [email protected] and we’ll post them for you.

13.25 Just over half an hour to go until M4 gets us underway for the day, and the sun is showing signs of poking out. A milder day to get on down to the river if you’ve got the time!

11:20 M1 and W1 get underway today, so it promises to be high quality, although whether it can live up to the drama of yesterday remains to be seen. A quick reminder that if you missed any of the action from the last 24 hours you can catch up below, or with our daily round-up HERE.

11:15 Well, what a day we had yesterday. Whose ready to do it all again? Me too.

—————————————————————————————————————-

DAY ONE

17:40 Well, that’s about your lot from me. A full run down of results will be up shortly, keep a look out for that, along with analysis and maybe even some predictions about tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, it’s a must see! M1 and W1 get going, as well as the continuation of the lower divisions. We’ll be here, and I hope as many of you as possible can join us!

For now though, it’s good afternoon from me, have a great Tuesday evening!

17:37 So it will be Christ’s who row in the M1 division tomorrow, (M2 have a rest day), not Selwyn. What a finish!

17:36 Official results and it looks like there was a Bump at the top, Christ’s pushing past Selwyn:

1 Christ’s

2 Selwyn

3 St. Catharine’s

4 First and Third II

5 Sidney Sussex

6 Caius II

7 Lady Margaret II

8 Downing II

9 Jesus II

10 Wolfson

11 Homerton

12 Corpus Christi

13 Pembroke II

14 Queens’ II

15 Christ’s II

16 Emmanuel II

17 Darwin

17:27 Just waiting on those last confirmed results, time to take a deep breath. We’ll have full analysis later in the evening, but, for now, I think everyone just needs to relax…or is that just me?

17:22 Here’s how we think it finished  but its possible that Sidney caught First and Third II:

1 Selwyn

2 Christ’s

3 St. Catharine’s

4 First and Third II

5 Sidney Sussex

6 Caius II

7 Lady Margaret II

8 Downing II

9 Jesus II

10 Wolfson

11 Homerton

12 Corpus Christi

13 Pembroke II

14 Queens’ II

15 Christ’s II

16 Emmanuel II

17 Darwin

17:17 Caius II bump up on LMBC II, it’s been a tough day for Lady Margaret. Pembroke II up on Queens’ II. Emma II have also bumped Downing. None others confirmed as yet.

17: 16 Lots of almost bumps, but none confirmed yet. Very good race. Jesus struggling against Wolfson, Sidney battling to catch FaT.

17:14 Under way in M2: Sidney right on the tail of FaT II.

17:09 Confirmation of the W2 results and it looks like TabSport’s man by the river was spot on:

1 Selwyn

2 Girton

3 Lady Margaret II

4 Emmanuel I

5 Sidney Sussex

6 Murray Edwards

7 Jesus II

8 Robinson

9 Fitzwilliam

10 Corpus Christi

11 Homerton

12 Pembroke II

13 Hughes Hall/Lucy Cav.

14 Anglia Ruskin

15 First and Third II

16 Caius II

17 St Edmund’s

18. Addenbrooke’s (bumped down a division)

17:01 Rowing correspondent Henry Charrington has tweeted that LMBC actually escaped Emma in the W3 race, by about an inch. Close! Full results when we have them.

16: 59 M2 starting order. If our 30 minute delay estimation is correct (and it seems pretty close) we have about 10 minutes before that starts. Just enough time to make a good cup of tea and be back for it:

1 Selwyn

2 Christ’s

3 St. Catharine’s

4 First and Third II

5 Sidney Sussex

6 Lady Margaret II

7 Caius II

8 Downing II

9 Jesus II

10 Wolfson

11 Corpus Christi

12 Homerton

13 Queens’ II

14 Pembroke II

15 Christ’s II

16 Darwin

17 Emmanuel II

Plus St Edmund’s as the sandwich boat.

16:56 M2 will be the last race of the day, a lot of First Boats in this one. Should be a treat. Starting order coming up in a second:

16:52 Just in case you haven’t been following this all day (what’s your excuse?) here’s a quick summary. A huge crash in the M4 meant a re-race and has left us well behind schedule. There have been several over bumps with Queens’ and LMBC the principle losers in those. We’ll have full results and analysis later on the evening, telling you who’s moved up and down.

16:45 Some serious luck for First and Third II, who looked like they were about to get bumped there, but Caius II caught a crab.

16:42 Lots of bumping lower down, here are the provisional results:

1 Selwyn

2 Girton

3 Emmanuel II

4 Lady Margaret II

5 Sidney Sussex

6 Murray Edwards

7 Jesus II

8 Robinson

9 Fitzwilliam

10 Corpus Christi

11 Homerton

12 Pembroke II

13 Hughes Hall/Lucy Cav

14 Anglia Ruskin

15 First and Third II

16 Caius II

17 St Edmund’s

16:39 Very strong performance from Selwyn at the head, Emma might be about to bump LMBC II…and there it is.

16:36 Murray Edwards look like they’ve bumped Jesus. Sounds like there have been a lot of bumps lower down, waiting for confirmation.

16:35 Underway in W2: Selwyn have made a nice start.

16:33 1 minute cannon has gone. Just a reminder to add St Edmund’s at the bottom of the running order, they’ve bumped up to be the sandwich boat.

16:30 W2 4 minute gun. Lots to play for in this one!

16:29 Another reminder of how you can get involved. Tweet #TabSport, email [email protected], comment at the bottom of the page, or find Henry on the river bank! Two more races to go today and we’d love more of your input.

16:27 Sorry if there has been any confusion over timings. We believe the delay is 30 minutes, which would mean that W2 goes off in about 3 minutes, but no four minute warning as yet. As for lower down the page, the tweets from earlier (when these text updates stopped) should all be up, and with the correct times.

16:21 W2 up and ready to go: Here’s how they line up:

1 Selwyn

2 Girton

3 Lady Margaret II

4 Emmanuel II

5 Sidney Sussex

6 Jesus II

7 Murray Edwards

8 Fitzwilliam

9 Robinson

10 Homerton

11 Corpus Christi

12 Pembroke II

13 Anglia Ruskin

14 Hughes Hall/Lucy Cav

15 First and Third II

16 Caius II

17 Addenbrooke’s

16:16 Hearing about a fine for St Edmund’s for dangerous coxing. More about that when we have confirmation.

16:15 M3 confirmed results:

1 St. Edmund’s

2 Anglia Ruskin

3 First and Third III

4 Selwyn II

5 Peterhouse II (over-bump from 8  )

6 Magdalene II

7 Churchill II

8 Robinson II

9 Clare II

10 Jesus III

11 King’s II (over bump from 14)

12 Trinity Hall II

13 Fitzwilliam II

14 Lady Margaret III

15 St. Catharine’s II

16 Girton II

17 Caius III (Addenbrooke’s bumped down to M4)

16:05 A big shout out of thanks to Henry Charrington and Katie Estdale who have been doing the majority of the Tweeting. The last hour’s coverage has been all them! The tweets should also be beginning to appear down here, so many ways to follow Bumps today!

16:04 While we wait for that confirmation, here’s how I think it finished:

1 St. Edmund’s

2 Anglia Ruskin

3 First and Third III

4 Selwyn II

5 Robinson II

6 Magdalene II

7 Churchill II

8 Peterhouse II

9 Clare II

10 Jesus III

11 King’s II

12 Fitzwilliam II

13 Trinity Hall II

14 Lady Margaret III

15 St. Catharine’s II

16 Girton II

15:57 Some contrasting reports. We believe that Kings have over-bumped Lady Margaret III, Cam FM tell us LMBC rowed over. We’ll bring you full results when we get them.

15:55 Trinity hall bump Fitz, Caius III up on Addenbrooke’s, that’s the sandwich boat so a division change their, and Catz have bumped Girton

15: 53 Magdalene II bump Churchill II – we think

15:52 Clare II bump Jesus III, St. Edmund’s opening up a gap at the front.

15:51 How does M3 line up? They’re underway.

1 St. Edmund’s

2 Anglia Ruskin

3 First and Third III

4 Selwyn II

5 Robinson II

6 Churchill II

7 Magdalene II

8 Peterhouse II

9 Jesus III

10 Clare II

11 Lady Margaret III

12 Fitzwilliam II

13 Trinity Hall II

14 King’s II

15 Girton II

16 St. Catharine’s II

17 Addenbrooke’s

15:49 W3 results:

1 St Edmund’s

2 Clare II

3 Darwin

4 Newnham II (up from 7)

5 Christ’s II

6 Wolfson

7 Queens’ II (down’ from 4)

8 Downing II

9 Sidney II

10 Selwyn

11 Clare Hall

12 Newnham III

13 Trinity Hall II

14 Peterhouse

15 Hughes Hall/Lucy Cavendish

16 Murray Edwards II

17 Girton II

18 Fitz II

15:47 M3 four minute gun has just gone. Running 30 minutes late…

15:43 That was the M4 results. W3 coming now…

15:42 1 Caius III

2 Hughes hall II

3 First and Third

4 Wolfson

5 Queens’

6 Sidney Sussex II

7 Emma III

8 Clare hall

9 Christs III

10 Homerton II

11 Pembroke III

12 Downing III

13 Queens iv

14 Trinity Hall III

15 Jesus iv

16 Catz III

17 Hughes Hall II

18 Magdalene

15:40 Official results coming up…

15:34 Updates back down here now, we will have them on twitter as well for everyone to see. Hope you’re enjoying this, an absolutely fantastic start t Bumps 2011!

15:27 W3 is over, we’ll bring you full results when we can. Reports that Murray Edwards  broke their boat, confirmation that Downing II bumped Sidney II, and an announcement that we are running 25 minutes late. All practice starts have been cancelled.

15:20 Peterhouse, Trinity Hall, Murry Edwards and Lucy Cav all gone. Queens’ (4th) over-bumped by Newham (7th).

15:18 Clare bumped by St Ed’s, we think Sidney and Downing too. Wait for confirmation on that…

15: 16 W3 are go! Still no results officially from m4 in order for organisers to keep to time.

15:08 Running slightly behind after that utter carnage in M4 earlier. W3 coming up soon. Let us know any predictions you may have for this one!

15:02 Still awaiting official results, but hearing that there was a change at the bottom. Hughes Hall bumped Magdalene.

12:50 Trinity Hall III bumped Jesus IV. Plenty of action here.

14: 48 And now Clare Hall bumped Emma III.

14:42 Re-race underway: Queens’ have bumped Sidney.

14:26 More on that big crash: Hughes Hall bumped FaT IV, didn’t move out of the way quick enough, Wolfson and everyone else piled into the back of them. Well we promised you drama but I’m not sure I expected that, even if it is M4!

14: 24 Going to re-row boats 4 downwards.

14:12 All the boats have collided its carnage. all stopped. May restart race. Drama.

14:11 We’re underway. Queens’ closing on Sidney in the early action.

14:06 All a bit anti-climactic here. We think we’ve just heard the 4 minutes cannon. Moving across to the Twitter feed now…

14:01 Boats not yet on the water, running a little behind, crowds assembled on the banks. Okay, not exactly crowds, but gatherings of people…

13:59 So….here we go….2011 Lent Bumps just 1 minute away.

13:54  Men’s Division 4 starting order: 1 Caius III, 2 First and Third IV, 3 Hughes Hall, 4 Wolfson II, 5 Sidney Sussex II, 6 Queens’ III, 7 Emmanuel III, 8 Clare Hall, 9 Christ’s III, 10 Homerton II, 11 Downing III, 12 Pembroke III, 13 Queens’ IV, 14 Jesus IV, 15 Trinity Hall III, 16 St. Catharine’s III, 17 Magdalene III, 18 Hughes Hall II

13:50 Here we are then, stage is set, it’s cold, its grey and its about to get going! Updates will be bouncing around between here and the twitter feed for the next few hours, probably mostly on the tweet! Full starting order on the way.

13:46 Under 15 minutes to go, we have CamFM! Excitement levels are up. Music over there until we begin, so stay here for updates.

13:44 We understand that there are some technical troubles/people can’t hear CamFM right now. We will attempt to struggle on without, and let you know when there’s something to hear.

13:31 Into the final half hour before we begin. CamFM coverage is kicking off now over on their site. But if you’re ‘working’ and therefore only want your updates textual, don’t go anywhere!

13:21 Still not quite in the mood? Let me help you with that. Some classic YouTube Bumps footage from a few years back should get you in the right frame of mind. Think boats, think carnage, think 10 crews all bunching up on each other!

13:15 A reminder that The Tab has teamed up with CamFM to bring you the best possible coverage this week. Their coverage starts in 15 minutes, you can find it via the link at the top of this page.

13: 03 That’s your division by division start time guide done, and with under an hour to go it’s time to get excited, and get involved. You can get in touch in so many ways, what are you waiting for? Sarcasm, predictions, expressions of love for any boat or boatie and of course personal attacks are all welcome! Okay, I lied about the personal attacks.

12:59 Then, to round off the day we’ll have the Men’s Second Division at 4 40pm.  Some very fast boats in there who’ll be hoping to move up, but also a chance to look at FaT II, and see if they can provide any possible indication of how their First Boat will do tomorrow.

12:56 Four may be tea-time for the more public school among you, but for us it means W2. Selwyn will want to cement their position at the top in order to move up tomorrow, but watch out for Girton today, and a strong Sidney crew throughout the week (starting from 5th)

12:50 At 3.20 we’ll see M3, with one of last years big Lent Bumps success stories, Anglia Ruskin, looking to challenge St. Edmund’s at the top. Addenbrooke’s will be looking upwards from the bottom, but they will have to fear the sandwich boat from the 4th Division, Caius III will certainly want to push back up into M3.

12: 45 Next off, at twenty to three, W3. Clare II start at the top, but expect it to be hard fought in the middle and towards the bottom with several newly qualified crews

12: 38 With both M1 and W1 not getting started until tomorrow, today is a chance for the less high-profile crews. M4 is the first race, that starts at 2. Caius III have the headship in a division of mostly third and fourth boats.

12: 30 Weather update: Pretty grey, expect some rain, but not too much wind as yet. We will keep you posted.

12:25 The first races begin at 2pm today, our radio friends go on at 1.30, so in the mean time feel free to email or tweet with any chat!

12:15 So, I hear you ask, what will  be going on this site in the next 5 days? Well we have boaties, non-boaties and people who wish they were boaties but aren’t good enough who will be providing live updates. Then, at the end of each day’s action we’ll have a round up of all the action (not just the top division), analysis, and some predictions.

12:05 For those of you who may not be completely sure of what Bumps is, you can find out all about it in Henry Charrington’s excellent Companion to Lent Bumps. For those of you who do know everything, it’s probably still worth a read.on12:00 Welcome. Thanks for being here.  This is it, Lent Bumps 2011. Don’t go anywhere…

Caius II bump up on LMBC II, it’s been a tought day for Lady Margeret. Pembroke II up on Queen’s II. Emma II have also bumped Downing. None others confirmed as yet.