What’s On: Easter Holidays In Cambridge

What to do in Cambridge this Easter when the books get boring…

ADC cambridge united fitzwilliam Sickert

The Tab isn't in Cambridge over Easter because we're too cool to be seen working 10 weeks before exams. But thousands of you are still populating our city's forbidding libraries and many won't even go home at all. So here's a few things to distract you from the books which don't involve ITV Player and the latest episode of Secret Diary Of A Call Girl...

SPORT

Cambridge United

Wed 24 March, 19:45 vs Tamworth

Sat 27 March, 15:00  vs Grays Athletic

Mon 5 April, 15:00 vs Mansfield Town

Details here.

Cambridge Rugby Club

Sat 27 March, 15:00 vs Blaydon

Sat 10 April, 15:00 vs Manchester

Details here.

Cambridge UCCE

Sat 3 – Mon 5 April, 11.00 vs Surrey (Fenners Cricket Ground)

Watch the elite of Cambridge and Anglia Ruskin's cricketers battle it out against names like Ramprakash, Butcher and Tremlett.

Cambridge United have so far achieved only mid-table mediocrity this season.

CULTURE

ADC

Annie Get Your Gun

On until Saturday 20th March – 19.45. 

The show The Tab recommended as 'solidly entertaining and delivered with relish, if you like the sound of men in mascara and cowboy hats' and 'musical standards like 'Anything You Can Do."

The Woman In White

Tuesday 23rd March to Saturday 27th March – 19.45
£7 – £10

'Throughout the events' of a seemingly complicated plot 'they encounter a mysterious woman dressed in white… it is this strange figure that holds the key to the dark secrets at the heart of' the play.  Most Haunted in the absence of Sky.  

Beauty And The Beast

Tuesday 30th March to Saturday 3rd April – 19.45 
£7 – £10

'A beautiful young woman is imprisoned in a castle by a prince who has been transformed by a spell into a beast. The spell can only be broken if someone falls in love with him despite the way he looks… Fun for all the family!'  …And possibly for suicidal students.

Fitzwilliam Museum

Sargent, Sickert & Spencer
Tue 8 December 2009 to Mon 5 April 2010 – Mellon Gallery (Gallery 13)

The Angel and the Virgin: A Brief History of the Annunciation
Tue 9 February 2010 to Sun 9 May 2010 -Charrington Print Room (Gallery 16)

Mumford Theatre (Anglia Ruskin)

The Tempest
Wednesday 24th – Saturday 27th, 7.30
£8.00 – £10.00

'With lashings of ginger-beer and scraped-knees aplenty, brothers will vie for noble titles, young sweethearts will discover true love and just for a moment the cynical world will be rolled back by the Bard’s enduring power'.  Apparently the event coincides with the play's 400th anniversary.  It's not just mathmo's who will be tearing their hair out at such inaccurate claims. 

Cambridge Drama Festival: A Feast of Short Plays
Monday 19th – Saturday 24th April, 7.30pm
£8.00

'An annual festival of local talent which has been running for over forty years… Attending every night is best' and as if you needed any further persuasion the festival boasts 'many intriguing theatrical quizzes.'  Seriously. 

Cambridge Arts Theatre, the Corn Exchange and the Junction continue as normal:

Cambridge Arts Theatre

Corn Exchange

The Junction