Cambridge Street Style

Two stylish ladies from Caius show us how to work new Vintage Fashion Fair finds with panache, in this, the latest installment of Cambridge street style.

street style vintage fashion fair

Hannah Copley, and Claudia Stocker, both at Gonville and Caius college, caught our stylehunter’s eye with their impressive attention to detail and easy chic looks. Ladies and gents, they're a classic lesson in how to make the most of your standout pieces (mostly bought at today’s Affordable Vintage Fair).

Hannah’s muted mauve-grey palette really works with her colouring, and gives her whole look an air of creative sophistication, which is as hard to achieve as it sounds! Wearing two complimentary shades of grey on her bottom half and working the classic skinnies and neat boots look makes her legs look endless and is an excellent foil to the interesting purple print on the dress (cleverly fashioned as a top). By finishing with a classic coat, it’s not a hugely avant-garde look but it’s chic, individual, and oh-so-flattering: perfect Cambridge wear.

Coat: Charles Tyrwhitt (women)
Scarf: Gap for Men
Jeans: H+M
Top – Dress worn as a top, from the Vintage fashion fair
Booties: Marks and Spencer

Claudia’s look, however, is definitely kookier although it uses the same key elements: classic boots, and a uniform-style coat in a go-anywhere shade, and pops of colour to liven the whole look up. I am a huge fan of a cheeky bit of co-ordination, and matching one of the shades in that lovely vintage scarf to the cherry red tights is a sweet touch that makes her stand out for all the best reasons, and that adds interest and personality to the casual boots and everyday bag. Very clever and very cute.

Coat: H+M
Scarf: Vintage Fashion Fair
Shoes: Vintage Fashion Fair
Bag: Topshop

All photos by Hannah Copley, assisted by Claudia Stocker.