Cappella’va Show

Felicia Cappella, a Cambridge schoolgirl, is down to the final 50 in the quest to become Miss Teen Queen UK.

It seems Lily Cole is not the only model to grace Cambridge; a local schoolgirl has reached the final 50 of the Miss Teen Queen UK Beauty Contest.

Felicia Cappella, 15, from Cambridge, beat off competition from 9000 other girls for selection for the heats and got into the last 50 after impressing the judges with a photo shoot.

She is competing in the 13-16 category for the title of Teen Princess UK 2010.

The competition, launched in September 2006 has two age categories: Teen Princess (13-15) and Teen Queen (16-19). Online voting closes tonight at 11.30pm.

Felicia has an online following: the ‘VOTE FOR FELICIA’ Facebook group has 111 members and counting, and at the time of going to press, Felicia had 1750 votes, putting her in second place in her heat, and making it look extremely likely that she will get through to the final, to be held in August.

Speaking exclusively to The Tab, she said: “I went on a school trip to the Clothes Show Live 2009 and there were loads of workers going around the clothes show asking to take pictures of people.

"A woman came up to me and my friends and asked to take a picture of us, then we had to write down our details then a few weeks later I got phone call inviting me to a photo shoot in London as I was one of the girls that got chosen out of 9000 girls!”

“The photo shoot was so exciting,” said Felicia, who says she wants to pursue a career in modelling when she is older.

“I’m in second place at the moment and the first two girls with the highest votes go through to the next round which is in August.”

“I hope I do really well and fingers crossed about getting through to the next round tonight! It just all depends on tonight, I really want to get through.”

Miss Teen Princess 2009 was won by 15-year old Katie Weller from Milton Keynes. Let’s see if Felicia can bring victory to Cambridge this time…