Football Round Up

Downing beat rivals Fitz, Pembroke smash Catz and Trinity beat Emma

Every week The Tab brings you all the results and the table from college football’s top-flight.

This week Downing beat title contenders Fitz to maintain top stop, while Pembroke dominate Catz to get their first win of the season and Trinity overcome Emma.

Fitz 0-1 Downing

Downing continued the defence of their league title by beating rivals Fitz. The match had generated a great deal of interest in the build up with both teams unbeaten so far this season. But it was Downing who proved the better team on the day as they ran out winners courtesy of a first half goal from captain Tom Marsh.

Downing who coped better with the wet and windy conditions and controlled the game well once they had gone ahead. Fitz did not produce any real threat in the second half as they failed to claw back a goal. Full match report here.

Pembroke 6-2 Catz

Pembroke produced a dominant display to get their first win of the season against fellow strugglers Catz. Pembroke had only scored once so far this season but had no trouble finding the net on Saturday as they pushed themselves up to sixth in the table.

Things are not looking so bright for Catz however, as they fell to their third straight defeat. Johns are the only other side in the division without a win and all sensible money is on these two for relegation this season.

Emma 2-4 Trinity

Trinity moved up to second in the table with this win thanks to goals from Dany Gammal, Matt Smith, Richard Falder and Tab favourite Ozzie Akushi.

Emma captain Tom Rodriguez-Perez was frustrated by the manner of the defeat, describing the game as one ‘they really should have won.’  He was also not happy with a penalty Trinity were awarded, describing it as ‘non-existant’.

[standings league_id=3 mode=extend] The Pts column in the table indicates how many points a team has won and how many points have been available.