University of Birmingham has ranked 22nd in The Times Good University Guide

The uni dropped two places from last year’s league table

The scores are in and University of Birmingham has ranked a semi impressive 22nd in The Times Good University Guide 2024, falling two places from the respectable position of 20th last year.

These results come amongst the hotly anticipated league table published by The Times, ranking 131 universities across the UK by measures such as teaching quality, student experience and research quality to list a few.

The university scored 87 per cent for graduate prospects, a relatively high score amongst other universities at 14th place, with high rates of UoB graduates being targeted by employers a reflection of this.

UoBs research quality is particularly noted sitting in 10th position; this mirrors the high standard of teaching with a recognised TEF Gold.

University of Birmingham also claimed an overall score of 738, sitting ahead of Russell Group unis such as Manchester, Leeds and Cardiff. Sitting at the top of the leader board with a perfect score of 1000, St Andrews took the gold, closely followed by Oxford and Cambridge. Shock!

Despite our bias of UoB as the country’s best, The Times unfortunately can’t award points for tallest freestanding clocktower or liveliest student population – this we would sky rocket to the top of.

You can view the full ranking here.

UCU marking boycott to affect University of Birmingham students

University of Birmingham students are the third most targeted by top employers

Joe Lycett to Ozzy Osbourne: Here are the celebrities who went to school in Birmingham