Hold on a minute, there’s a lecturer at UoB called Gemma Collins

No, she’s not from Essex

The University of Birmingham currently employs over 6,000 members of staff however, one lecturer in particular has begun attracting attention due to her unusual name.

Image may contain: Text

Yes, you read it right, there is a lecturer at UoB called Gemma Collins.

Her TV personality namesake gained fame for appearances on 'The Only Way Is Essex' and 'I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here' and has reached such popularity that there are several Facebook pages dedicated to creating and distributing memes solely of her.

It seems however, that UoB's Gemma Collins couldn't be more different.

Image may contain: Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure

She has worked for the university since 2010, lecturing in Geography Education, and holds a BA from Liverpool University and a Postgraduate Certificate in Education from The Manchester Metropolitan University.

Before joining UoB she spent two months volunteering at a children's orphanage in Tanzania and held positions in various Birmingham schools, also working in conjunction with Cambridge University on the Prince's Trust Institute initiative.

University of Birmingham birmingham university gemmacollins lecturer student

The Tab Birmingham

last seen today at 04:08

Get breaking UoB news straight to your WhatsApp

Find out who got a shit tattoo this week, which famous freshers are hanging around Selly, and Old Joe’s tick pics. Straight into your DMs. 😘