A fresher is delivering condoms to halls to ‘promote safe sex’

He plans to expand into Selly soon

Students are always complaining about condoms – if it’s not about the price, then it’s their inconvenience.

But an innovative fresher has set up a condom business to combat these problems, delivering condoms to halls at any time during the day in a bid to “promote safe sex”.

Accounting and Finance student Sebi Anderson told The Tab: “I started the business after seeing demand for condoms from talking to friends, seeing others complain about it and seeing things on YikYak advocating condoms.

“Currently there’s not much option for getting condoms bar getting them delivered, and if I’m selling them for less than face value, including delivery, why not go for it?”

At the moment, the business has five employees and currently covering the Vale and Liberty accommodation sites, with plans to expand into Pritchatt’s Park and Selly Oak area.

The business was officially launched a few weeks ago, where flyers were distributed across the Vale with Sebi and his friend visiting flats in Elgar and Mason and speaking to students about it.

Keep an eye out for these handy flyers around campus…

People order the condoms by messaging the business’s Facebook page, or through calling the contact number – and Sebi has already seen a huge uptake.

All the condoms are Durex, with Sebi offering different types and delivering each order with a pack of mini love hearts to set the mood.

Sebi finishes with this positive message for budding entrepreneurs: “The best time to fail is at uni, because you can afford to disappoint the least amount of people.

“Great achievement involves great risk.”