Selly has new dustbins and everyone is going crazy

‘It’s like Christmas morning’

bin new recycling selly selly oak special student

After five hard years of campaigning, fresh new bins have been dished out in Selly Oak.

While some of you woke up to the excitement of the latest Star Wars trailer, or the upcoming rugby games next weekend, residents of Heeley and Bournbrook Road were celebrating the arrival of their new dustbins.

#brumbinselfie

The lucky proprietors were extremely upbeat about the introduction of a new bin outside their house.

Second year Gabriel Wrenn said: “I could compare this to coming downstairs on Christmas morning and opening my presents.

“I’m just so happy I can separate my recycling and general waste now. The pleasure is indescribable.”

The new bins are the result of tireless campaigning by the Guild of Students’ Housing Committee.

Head of housing Roberto Sorrentino told The Tab: “Finally. The roll-out of bins across the Bournbrook area has begun, after about five years of campaigning by Housing and Community Officers at the Guild.

“Selly Oak will start to look a little more pretty.”

Even Superman is impressed

Roberto continued: “Today, Heeley Road and Bournbrook Road will have received a general waste and a recycling bin, with the rest of Selly’s roads to follow.

“I never thought I’d be so excited about some bins. It will have such a positive impact in Selly Oak, not just for our students but also the local residents in the area. It’s bin a really great day.”

Third year English student Danny Baggott added: “Wow, Selly is finally stepping up their game. It’s really lovely to see. I’m so pleased I was still around at this precious time to witness such a brilliant new project.”