We played beer pong with the North American cultural society

Fun fact: Beer pong was invented in 1864 by Abraham Lincoln

Players came from as far as the exotic lands of Selly Oak for the first beer pong tournament of the year.

Down it fresha

The Vale’s Duck and Scholar last week saw the debut of the newly improved North American Cultural Society – a society for students of American and Canadian Studies, actual real life Americans and Canadians, and anyone else with a general passion for the land of the free.

#edgy

The night kicked off with the first of many rounds of beer pong accompanied by the harmonious sounds of “Kids in America”. Nachos were provided by the prestigious Hungry Duck kitchen.

half way into beer pong and chill…

Four lucky freshers won a free pitcher, a golden ticket to Fab, a Thanksgiving meal and an Asda’s very own giant hamburger cake.

Fresher Hugo Courtenay-Pinfield gave rave reviews, saying “I thought it was pretty cool that I could get drunk off playing beer pong, so I didn’t need to buy any drinks. Oh – I won a cake as well.”

what a time to be alive

For NACS members, the future holds a American Icons night at Fab, roller skating, Thanksgiving, and Super Bowl night, as well as a potential easter trip to Disneyland Paris (the maintenance loan won’t stretch to Florida) so freshers can take their very own trip down Main Street accompanied by some of America’s most famous faces.

omg so tense

Social sec Juliet Watkin-Rees said “It was a perfect event to start off a really promising year for our NACS society, we’ve seen the excitement for our future events as a result and on the night it was great to see the girls beat the boys after a long battle of beer pong!”