House parties in the Holylands are better than anywhere else

Ain’t no party like a Holylands party

The Holylands is renowned for its house parties, from Fitzroy to Agincourt you are a cert to find a house with the tunes pumping right through until the early hours of the morning. With most student venues in Belfast closing at 2:00am, the idea of going roaming is just too attractive to alcohol fuelled students. Since snapchat has come about it is now too easy to find the party, making the idea of going home after a night out and going straight to bed a laughable matter.

Food

Food makes everyone happy, especially when drunk. Cheesy curry chips for everyone. Plus, it is best to eat something to try and sober yourself up before you hitting the hay.

2:42 – The night is still young bois

Finding prized possessions

May be a strange one but a reason that comes up time and time again. There seems to be a thing among Holylanders to see who can come home with the best steal. Nothing more annoying than waking up to no forks to eat your left over Chip Co with.

Securing the shift

Picture this: It’s a Thursday night, you haven’t pulled all week and a good 4 ½ starts chatting you up. You begin contemplating if you should lower your standards for the crator. You are still unsure so you invite them back to the party. There you can get to know them a bit more, see if they are up for the craic, if so, you shift them, if not – out the door they go.

There is always so much love to be given out at house parties

In a strong south Armagh accent: ‘Cause of the bantor lahhh’

Nothing better than you and all your friends being caught up in the moment and fucking the system. This is what we love and can’t stop loving. Get wasted at parties, from 9 till 7 in the morning. We all live for the music, rolling blunts, feeling high, getting loaded or take some pills and go to La La Land (if you are reading this mum – I live for the music and no more, promise xx). Plus, you can dance like no one is watching because most likely it’s only your friends and who cares what they thing? Reeling in the fish is more than acceptable to do.

It’s a way of life

Like putting milk into your cereal and driving on the left side of the road, it’s just part of the way of life. Holylands house parties are part of the fabric of Belfast’s nightlife. They are necessities. Be smart though and avoid hosting the party. The thought of cleaning up after a night out isn’t what any poor hungover soul needs.