Aber are offering free gym activities during exams

It’s all meant to help us beat exam stress

As part of the university’s plan for supporting physical and mental well-being over the exam period, the Sports Centre is helping to tackle stress by offering free activities from the 6th until the 31st of May.

Everything from Yoga, Insanity workout and Dumbbell training, all the way to free swimming sessions and zumba is on offer. The uni is pulling out all the stops.

The whole scheme is generously paid for by the Aber Fund, which is a alumni and external programme which supports the university to directly enhance student experience, they recently helped the Aber Pride society.

Get out there and sweat your stress off

In a university statement, the General Manager at the Sports Centre, Darren Hathaway said: “We are delighted to be able to offer these free stress busting sessions to our students during the exam and study period.

“We hope that these classes offers an outlet for when students need to de-stress and they are beneficial with relieving the pressure of the exams.”

Take advantage of the free offer!

Education Officer, Lauren Marks also said: “I’m excited to see such a great offer from the Sports Centre this exam period, with an excellent range of classes. This can be a stressful time for all students and the classes are a great release from revision and exams.

“The SU really encourage students to give something a go and take a break from a busy study schedule.”

So if you’re feeling stressed out a feel that breaking a sweat will help relieve that pressure then pop on down and take advantage of the offer. For a full list of activities and their times, check here.