Right on track: Trains will now leave Aber every hour

We’re a bit less in middle ages now

aberystwyth arriva trains wales trains to aber

Escaping the Aber Bubble will be significantly easier, as Arriva Trains will now provide an hourly service.

The company has introduced more trains during peak hours, and with exam period coming up, you can now travel out of Aberystwyth to celebrate with more efficiency.

From May, additional trains will be at 6:30, 8:30, 12:30 and 18:30 Monday to Saturday, and an extra two at 10:30 and 14:33 on Sundays.

New funds towards public transport coming from the Welsh government has meant our newly refurbished train station can now accommodate more regular trains to cope with its large local, tourist and student population.

Elwyn, a supervisor at the Machynlleth station, said: “It gives passengers more options and makes their travel plans a bit easier.

“It’s worth it with the amount of people coming in and out of the town.

“Even though people are creatures of habit, and may continue to go at times they already know, if they do miss the train or it’s too full, it’s a lot easier to wait one hour instead of two.

“It’s got to be good.”

Second year Rebecca is delighted by the news.

She said: “I think it is a good idea. It makes mid Wales far more accessible and promotes Aber as less out in the sticks, more central to mid and north Wales community.”

But Sebastian, another second year, doesn’t think this will help.

He added: “The problem isn’t with the regularity of the trains, but rather the lack of spaces and how slow they are.

“It would be better to have an early and a late train which was direct to Shrewsbury and Birmingham, rather than stopping at every station.”

For students who live further out, such as Beth, the difference is minimal but welcome even so.

She said: “It’s one hour instead of two staring at my luggage and tightly clutching my handbag if I miss the five minute gap at Birmingham.”