Future of Pier Pressure in jeopardy as the Pier goes into administration

#prayforpier

administration don leisure limited pier pier in administration pier pressure

The Pier is feeling the pressure after it has been revealed it has gone into administration.

Don Leisure Limited, who run the pier, broke the news earlier today, leaving the future of the popular nightclub, along with other businesses on the pier, uncertain.

Managing director Andrew Deakin said in a statement: “Recent poor trading results has necessitated the owners of the Pier to seek the protection of an administration order.

“The Pier escaped the worst of the storm last year, but its trading suffered with many students returning home.

“While it seemed to have recovered during last year, trading in January and February was very poor.”

Is this the end of Pier Pressure?

The administration will protect the businesses while the owners work with the proposed administrators to determine the best future for the Pier.

A number of options are being considered, ranging from a restructuring to a possible sale.

Geography society social sec Jack Hemsworth said: “If Pier Pressure was to shut down it would be a real shame.

“It’s become sort of a tradition we finish all our socials there. There’d be nowhere else to go apart from Yoko’s.”

The news is sure to wipe the smiles off their faces

But it appears we are safe in Pressure for at least another term.

Andrew added: “The Pier will continue to trade normally during this period and will appreciate your continued custom to support this great local asset.”