Example and So Solid Crew announced as Summer Ball headliners

It’s a mixture of ‘disappointing’ and ‘sick’

Example was revealed today as a head-liner for the Summer Ball, resulting in mixed reviews.

The Ball, taking place 8th May, will be playing host to head-liners Example along with So Solid Crew and a Katy Perry tribute act, along with other events such as a free fun-fair and food stalls.

However, controversy has emerged over the price of the 40 quid tickets and the less than enthusing line-up.

Masters student Daniel Middleton said: “Example is acceptable, but the only person I have heard of, where is the money we spend on tickets going? Ridiculous.”

Wigan-born accountant Matt is unsure about the head-liner.

He said: “I used to like Example, then he tweeted about hating people from Wigan and I now dislike him.”

Aside from Example, Geography third-year Lewis is less than impressed with the tribute act:

“Why does Aber insist on booking tribute acts? I’d prefer a lesser-known act that I can actually enjoy rather than just a knock-off Katy Perry? I am so disappointed”

May Ball 2014

However, the booking of grime act So Solid Crew has been met with warm praise.

“So Solid Crew. So sick.” hypes third-year Alice Smith,

“I love that they’re not trying to be cool and current with such a tiny budget. Also, Ed Solo has been at the Uni before and it’s good that we have a proper DJ.

“I will be going for So Solid and Ed Solo.”

The full line-up for the Summer Ball can be seen here.