Crazy second year is inviting you to slap him round the face with a wet fish

He’s even offering a selection of different fish

aberystwyth china fish slap trek

A Psychology student needs his head checking after he puts out a plea for volunteers to slap him round the face with a fish.

Josh Marron, a second year, is raising money for a trek in China by urging you to take on the challenge.

For as little as £1, you could fulfil your lifetime goal of slapping Josh round the face with a wet fish on campus this Wednesday – which just so happens to be open day.

He told The Tab: “I’m raising money for Childreach International, and once I reach my total I will be trekking the Great Wall of China with a few other people at the start of September.”

This is the face you will be slapping

He added: “I hope it’s successful. It’s outside the SU, and it’s an open day, so if it’s not, I’ll be a little upset.

“Although as long as a few people have a good time, I don’t mind.”

If you’re prepared to dig a little bit deeper in your wallet, Josh will provide you with even bigger fish to slap him with.

“£1 will get you a herring, £2.50 for a kipper, £3.50 for a trout and £5 for a squid.”

Definitely slap-able

No need to worry about fishy hands on campus either: Josh assures there will be gloves available… which may come in handy for the squid slap.

He continued: “Someone did this with a squid in Scotland and after a few hits it exploded and they got covered in ink, so somebody may hit the jackpot.

“That’s why the squid’s a little bit more expensive.”

Surely there’s no better way to greet potential freshers than with a friendly squid ink explosion outside the union.

We’ll be going along to make sure he doesn’t bottle

And it’s not all bad news for those of you who don’t want to harm the cute, albeit dead, fish.

“For those who don’t want to harm the fish, (or me), 50p will get you a paper plate and some squirty cream!

“There’s no way  I’ll bottle it, I’m looking forward to it.”