We have the most frightening seagulls in the world

You will get your food nicked

They say Aberystwyth is one of the safest places to live in the UK.

Whoever said this has clearly never met our ferocious seagulls.

Only in July was Art student Shannon Harris left with a vicious gash after seagulls savagely pecked her skull outside her home.

At the time she said: “One of them swooped down and pecked me on the head, while another got tangled in my hair.

Ouch

“It took me half an hour to notice the wound, but I did have a headache.

“It took three weeks to heal.”

The seagulls are also a massive problem to seafront’s PD’s Diner.

Laura Truelove, who worked there over the summer said: “I never realised how much I hated seagulls until I began working there.

“We get daily complaints from people about seagulls stealing their food.”

The wonderful PD’s team without the seagulls

She added: “We have several dishwashers whose job is to collect the plates as quick as humanly possible in order to avoid the seagulls swooping down and eating the leftovers.

“You need a degree in seagull scaring to earn yourself a job at PD’s.”

This is clearly not a job for masters student Daniel Middleton, who recalled his heartbreaking experience with the winged beasts for The Tab.

He said: “Last year, with only one pound to my name, I strolled into Y Popty for a sausage roll.

“I walked to the seafront, hoping to enjoy it with a nice view.

“I went to take a bite and suddenly, I heard flapping that got closer and closer and, to my horror, I felt a seagull land on my head

“It literally swooped the sausage roll from my mouth.”

Don’t enjoy this view with a sausage roll

Dan revisits the scene of the crime without a sausage roll

He added: “I was disgusted. Him and his friends ate my fluffy, delicious sausage roll right before my eyes.

“I was completely heartbroken. And hungry.”

Have you had a worse experience with seagulls? Or do you love them and feed them of your own accord? (You’re the worst kind of person if you do).

Email [email protected].