Christmas pub crawl cancelled, but no one was going anyway

What pub crawl?

12 pubs of christmas Christmas pub crawl union xmas

The 12 Pubs of Christmas crawl has been cancelled and nobody cares.

The crawl was set to take place on Monday 8 December and was meant to include 12 different pubs, all ending in a massive after-party at the union.

But today the event page on Facebook was deleted after the SU released a statement withdrawing from the pub crawl because “advertising for this event may lead to a breach of their terms of license, if the event were to go ahead.”

Happy faces because we didn’t buy a wristband for a shit pub crawl

The SU’s license requires that any advertising they do for events must be accompanied by a responsible attitude towards drinking, which the pub crawl didn’t have.

Academy, Kane’s, Wiff Waff, Marine Hotel and Harry’s are among the pubs reported to have pulled out due to similar reasons.

That would have left only a few pubs on the crawl, one of which would have been The Starling Cloud.

There has been no public outrage over getting refunds for the wristbands because it appears nobody actually bought them in the first place.

If you did buy a wristband the only thing you can do is ask yourself why? Save yourself the heartache and have your own pub crawl and go to places where you can actually do shots.

Pubs originally meant to take part included The Mill, Rummers, Nag’s Head, Yr Hen Lew Du, The Academy, Boat Club, Marine Hotel, Kane’s, Lord Beeching’s, The Vale of Rheidol, Harry’s, Cooper’s, Wiff Waff and Starling Cloud.