The wait is over: Moving in date for Penglais Farm confirmed

But you’ve still got to wait until January

aberystwyth accomodation fferm penglais penglais farm

After months of waiting, Penglais Farm is finally nearing completion of its first phase.

Students who were left ‘homeless’ will be able to move in from 21st-25th of January.

The Uni said: “We recognise that moving accommodation can be disruptive, and we will be working with Balfour Beatty to ensure that your move will be as easy as possible.

“We are therefore proposing that, in order to minimise impact on your studies and your exams, that we facilitate your move to Fferm Penglais at the end of the exam period, between 21-25 January 2015.”

The University are even offering to help students with the long anticipated move.

They added: “We will be assisting with your move, and removal firms will be used to carry your belongings from your current room to your new room at Fferm Penglais.

“This will be at no cost to you or the University.

“We will be in touch to confirm arrangements shortly.”

Laura Oliver, a third year student, said: “As a student who chose Penglais Farm as their option for accommodation, I was disappointed and upset that the building work had not been completed by the time that we were due to move in.

“I think the University have handled the situation as well as expected and have offered the students that are moving over there help to move their belongings over.

“I look forward to moving into my new accommodation.

“Better late than never.”

We couldn’t have put it better ourselves.