VOTE: What is the best takeaway in Aber?

There’s more to life than Spar

It’s 4am, lights have come on in Yoko’s, and it’s now time to end your night with something half-edible to see you through to your 9am.

Luckily for you, you live in Aberystwyth, home to more takeaways than you will ever need.

But which one is the best?

Marco’s

Home of the “pizza burger” Marco’s boasts pizzas, kebabs and pretty much anything else your drunken brain is salivating over.

Marco’s do the best chips and they’re cheap as anything” says Adam Wood.

“It has to be Marco’s, I always get the garlic bread, it’s the best I’ve ever tasted” says Adam Maddison.

Food aside, comp-sci student Tom thinks the self-proclaimed ‘Marconians’ provide fantastic customer service,

I love that you get the novelty of being called their ‘matey’ even if you’re a new customer. When I order my doner meat and chips, Marco’s make sure I get it as quick as possible so I can rush home and fall asleep into it face first” says Tom Wise.

24 hour Spar

After a heavy night of Deathstars and Sambuca shots, you find yourself a bit strapped for cash. You’re also ravenous. Solution? 24-Hour Spar.

“£3 meal deal – need I say more?” argues Matt Sumner.

It’s not all sandwiches, crisps and disappointment, though. You can also treat yourself to a huge pizza for under a fiver,

“24 hour spar is a delight. A fresh 12-inch pizza for £4.99 made to order. Delicious. I know it sounds silly but Spar’s pizza has got to be much healthier for you than one from a greasy takeaway?” says Daniel Middleton.

Pizza Lush

Lush by name, lush by nature. If you want pizza this is one of the best.

“Sandwiched between Yoko’s and Angel, Pizza Lush may be the new kids on the block but they more than live up to the responsibility handed down to them by Efe’s,” says Andrew Wilmot.

He added: “Although they shamelessly copied Marco’s pizza burger, they’re the only late night takeaway to do stuffed crust, and that alone makes them worth your vote.”

Hollywood Pizza

Any size, any toppings and you can throw onion rings in to boot. But this isn’t what’s getting the drunks excited about Hollywood.

The best thing about Hollywood is you can eat it the morning after and it still tastes good. It’s the best thing when you’ve got a hangover.” says third-year Jemma.

It’s just cheapest for pizza. Oh, and it’s close to Yoko’s” says Becca.

Lip-Licking Chicken

“I’m not really hungover – I’ve just got a lip-licking belly” is a phrase commonly used by Aber students. So what is it that keeps this chicken shop so busy it needs its own bouncer?

“Despite its bad rep, I don’t think it tastes bad at all. And I like the little guy with the hat who works there” says Phil Kirby.

“The little guy with the hat”

Nick Greaves added: “It’s the best fried chicken in Aber, and I always order the combo number 7, 2 pieces of meat and chicken wings with chips, and an apple pie.”