Aber Snow are giving out hundreds of condoms with their social sec’s face on them

‘I can’t really complain if girls are associating my face with sex’

Aber Snow Soc have taken Freshers freebies to another level, handing out hundreds of condoms branded with their social sec’s face. 

The man behind the condoms is Alex Lewis, who said: “We always get a lot of merch and we thought branded condoms would be a good idea as a bit of a laugh and a way to promote Aber Snow.”

Skiing captain Tom Spectre added: “There are tonnes of condoms and similar freebies at Freshers’ Fairs but we wanted to add a twist.

“We all agreed it wasn’t bad taste and would be received in a funny way.”

The sportsmen aren’t just thinking about the promotion, but also the frisky freshers wellbeing.

Alex said:“It’s no secret that sex happens at University.

“By doing this we are making the use of condoms less taboo and the people we hand them out to will hopefully keep them on them… and use them.”

The society’s original plan was for the condoms to show the club’s logo, but the committee felt a face would create more of an impact.

Obviously a great idea, but why are students now opening condoms with Alex’s face on them?

Alex shows off his merch

“My face being on the condoms was suggested as a joke… but then our sponsors said it was possible so we thought, why not?” said Alex.

The committee gave it the go ahead and ordered the condoms by the box load.

Snowboarder Anna Warburton said: “I didn’t believe the committee when they said what they’d done until they actually showed me. I thought it was fantastic and couldn’t stop laughing.”

Grace Vielma was one of the lucky recipients of the condom. She told The Tab: “At first I thought it was someone famous. The guy on the front kind of looks like a member of a boyband.

“I have One Direction condoms at home so I thought it was like that. When a guy in Spar told me it was actually his friend, I found it pretty funny and actually a really great gift idea.”

Ready for action

Alex continued: “Those who know me weren’t surprised my face was on a condom.

“Anyway, I can’t really complain if girls are associating my face with sex.”

Credit: Aber Snow soc

Aber Snow distributed all 500 of their condoms in the first two weeks of Freshers, so they are hoping to order a lot more to promote their society – and their secretary.