Threats, manipulation and OnlyFans: Every insane thing Nikocado Avocado was cancelled for

‘It’s shocking to me how people immediately forget about what kind of a person he is’

Nikocado Avocado has been the talk of the internet for the past week after his dramatic weight loss reveal that absolutely nobody was expecting. However, this isn’t his first time making headlines for an insane reason. Niko Avocado has actually been cancelled a fair few times before, for various reasons. A lot of people were pretty outraged at the Stephanie Soo situation, but despite that and all the scandals to follow, his subscriber count has only grown.

So, whether you’re a devout subscriber or didn’t even know his name before last week, here’s a timeline explaining every time Nikocado Avocado was cancelled online.

Stephanie Soo drama

Stephanie Soo is a commentary and true crime YouTuber from South Korea that did a Mukbang collaboration with Nikocado Avocado back in December 2019. However, after the collab was posted, Stephanie released a video titled Why I Am Scared Of Nikocado Avocado, in which she accused him of “manipulating my own words against me” her, making her feel “uncomfortable” and using his platform to “threaten and bully” her. She said that he’d pressured her into talking negatively about Veronica Wang, another YouTuber who she’d collaborated with.

She even told her subscribers that he crossed boundaries in their professional relationship and showed eerie text messages he’d sent.

nikocado avocado cancelled texts

via YouTube

She also claimed that he’d taken photos of her home security system, and was worried that that her “home safety” was in question.

He seemed pretty adamant to get the internet on his side at the time. After their private messages, Stephanie showed her viewers a story he posted just hours before their collaboration was due to come out.

Stephanie soo cancelled nikocado

via YouTube

He wrote on his story: “Making some tea you guys. You won’t believe the audacity people have but I have lots of receipts and audio clips.”

Nikocado Avocado made a video addressing Stephanie’s accusations in which he basically denied everything and tried to talk his way out of being cancelled. He also insisted that Stephanie had agreed to discuss very real drama with Veronica Wang, which was ongoing at the time, but Stephanie said in her video that this wasn’t the case. He also accused her of creating a false narrative for attention and support.

Stephanie pretty much shut him down for good with another video titled How Nikocado Manipulated All of Us, and the receipts here are pretty convincing. That’s what happens when you mess with a true crime YouTuber I guess!

Many of the comments on Stephanie’s original video are recent, with users in the comments writing just four days ago “crazy how everyone switched up on Nikocado and forgot about this video,” and “here after Nikocado’s ‘transformation’… it’s shocking to me how people immediately forget about what kind of a person he is.”

Veronica Wang apology video

In a video posted just a month after Stephanie Soo’s takedown, Nikocado went on the record to apologise to Veronica Wang, who called him out in a video following the Stephanie accusations.

Veronica took Stephanie’s side after watching her videos, saying that she was “proud of her endurance and her strength,” and that her claims were justified: “It’s not just some drama… these are real people that he attacks and manipulates and it’s not okay.”

She branded him a “master manipulator” that “knows how to twist things,” which didn’t look great for Nikocado.

In his apology, he said that he was “trying to take accountability” for his actions: “I owe this to Veronica Wang… I want to look back and think I did the right thing.”

It’s so weird that Veronica was ever even involved in the first place, but it’s great she finally got to give her opinions on the drama and stick up for Stephanie.

Playing up his emotional distress for views

Nikocado Avocado has a pretty long track record of playing up to emotional distress and has even admitted to taking advantage of his low moments in order to gain millions of views. There are too many clips from his videos that have been used for memes to keep count anymore.

In an interview with Trisha Paytas, he admitted: “I do like being on camera. I do like the attention. Honestly, if I imagine myself 10 years from now … I’m still gonna be on the internet, making videos.” He evidently lives for those viral moments.

However, being transparent with his viewers still doesn’t mean people are okay with it – one Reddit user had a lot to say on the matter: “Unfortunately, self awareness does not make his overt behaviour any less dangerous. He stages dramas because of a pathological need for attention – a sign of mental illness.”

His emotional distress has been labelled “manipulative” by both YouTubers and viewers alike, and he doesn’t help himself when he titles his videos things like “nobody likes me anymore, I’m going to quit.” In the video, he told viewers how his “life is over,” he “doesn’t deserve to live” and he hasn’t been shown “a piece of compassion” from his subscribers.

His OnlyFans caused a serious stir

Surprisingly, Nikocado Avocado isn’t just a YouTube star: He’s also apparently in the top 1 per cent of OnlyFans creators, and people on X are DESPERATE to see him cancelled for it. He started uploading content to the controversial adult website in 2020 and received a lot of backlash for it online.

He has over 1000 posts on the site, so it doesn’t look like he’s giving it up any time soon.

Two Steps Ahead

He definitely isn’t getting cancelled for his weight loss journey, but people online have been quick to criticise him for the morality behind lying to his entire audience in a social experiment. In his newest video revealing his weight loss, he described monitoring his viewers like “ants on an ant farm.” I guess people weren’t keen on this comparison.

He was pretty scathing towards his fanbase: “Today I woke up from a very long dream, having lost 250 pounds off my body, yet just yesterday people were calling me fat and sick and boring and irrelevant. People are the most messed up creatures on the entire planet and yet I’ve still managed to stay two steps ahead of everyone. The joke’s on you.”

I mean, I get where he’s coming from – it must feel good to have the last laugh against people who have cyber bullied you for years. However, he seems to be criticising pretty much everyone on the internet in this video.

I don’t know if Nikocado Avocado can be officially cancelled for this, especially since many of his viewers were praising his experiment and admiring his social commentary on overconsumption and authenticity.