Harry Jowsey and Jessica Vestal share why their Perfect Match relationship didn’t work out

‘It was probably just infatuation, but I thought it was love’

Harry Jowsey and Jessica Vestal have shared why things didn’t work out for them after filming for the second season of Netflix series, Perfect Match. The couple matched up on the show, but at the end it was revealed they had ended their relationship.

During the season, Harry and Jessica had been exploring a connection together, and despite ups and downs, looked pretty close. Plus, you might be able to cast your mind back to when it was first announced Jess was going to be on Perfect Match, and there were pictures of her and Harry on a beach together being spread around. This had everyone thinking they had managed to make it work.

But in the end it didn’t work out. And now, in an interview Harry and Jess have reflected on their time on Perfect Match together, and why things ended.

“I think that Jess’ aura is just so incredible,” Harry told Entertainment Tonight, when talking about what initially drew him to Jessica. “She’s such a hard-working woman. She has her life sorted, she’s got incredible goals set, she’s the most amazing mother, and yeah, most importantly she’s just silly and we would always have so much fun. I think Jess is incredible, and I’m grateful that we went on that first date to visit. It sparked something special.”

Harry Jowsey and Jessica Vestal on Perfect Match season two

via Netflix

Reflecting on why their relationship didn’t work outside the show, Jessica said inside the Perfect Match villa she had trusted what Harry was telling her, but “outside of the show it was more of like, an all right, fool me twice shame on me, I’m gonna have to take that on ’cause I did know better.”

She said they had conversations about Harry’s reputation from reality TV, and that she felt very different from him because he was a “veteran” on dating shows.

Jessica added: “Harry and I had a lot of conversations… about the fact that he is essentially like a veteran in the reality TV space and I was so new to it. We had lots of private conversations with him and his family. … He was just kind of my comfort zone, so I was like, if you’re asking for a fair chance, why shouldn’t I give you one?”

Not long after the show filmed, Harry was cast on Dancing With the Stars, and spoke of having a girlfriend – which people have now assumed must have been Jessica.

“I had a secret relationship at the start of Dancing With the Stars”, he said on his Boyfriend Material podcast at the time. “I was madly in love with this girl. It was probably just infatuation, but I thought it was love.”

Harry added: “It ended up ending, and it fizzled out because it’s so difficult to see your boyfriend or girlfriend on Dancing with the Stars being that close with someone else.”

Season two of Perfect Match is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.