Olivia Cooke House Dragon sex

Olivia Cooke reveals she filmed an ‘animalistic’ House of the Dragon sex scene that got cut

She admitted she ‘disagreed’ with the decision to cut it from the show

House of Dragon has its fair share of sex scenes but Olivia Cooke, who plays Alicent, has revealed she had one particularly ‘animalistic’ sex scene that was cut from the show. Compared to Game of Thrones where it felt like you couldn’t go five minutes without seeing an unnecessary sex scene, all of the ones included in House of the Dragon feel important to the characters’ development.

Olivia Cooke kept tight-lipped about who the sex scene was with but went into detail about the type of scene it was, alongside her thoughts about it not making the final version of House of the Dragon.

Via HBO

In an interview with Elle, she discussed filming the scene: “It was messy as f*ck. It wasn’t beautiful, and that was really fun to do.” She added that the sex was “carnal” and “animalistic,” adding: “I think Ryan said we weren’t learning any more about the characters, which I disagree with slightly, but it’s okay. It’s his show.”

However, she praised the on-set intimacy coordinator, Vanessa Coffey, and explained that she feels as though the sex scenes don’t feel like they’re being “gratuitous” and instead help to show Alicent’s story. She explained: “I thought there’d be way more, and so I’m relieved that when it has been used for me, it’s showing Alicent being pleasured, which is amazing and doesn’t feel gratuitous,” she said. “It feels like we’re telling a story.”

For all the latest TV news, drops, quizzes, memes and more like this House of the Dragon article, like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook. 

Related articles recommended by this writer:

Here’s exactly which book each House of the Dragon season is based on, and how to read it

• House of the Dragon showrunner reveals whether Erryk or Arryk actually won *that* fight

• The shockingly gruesome ways every main character dies in the House of the Dragon

Featured images via HBO