Bridgerton season four

Here are all the juicy details we know so far about Bridgerton season four

Will we be moving away from London next season?

Season three of Bridgerton might have only just recently come out, but I’m already daydreaming about season four and what might happen. Although we don’t know a huge amount about the next season, both the producers and cast members have let slip some secrets that can help us piece together some plotlines.

So, from which cast members might be returning to the next season featuring more exotic locations such as India and Scotland, here’s everything we know so far about Bridgerton season four.

We might have to wait until 2026 for season four

Via Netflix

As amazing as it would be to have a new season of Bridgerton every year, it looks like we’ll have to wait at least a couple of years to find out what happens next!

Showrunner Jess Brownell told The Wrap: “I’ll be honest, yearly is probably out of the cards. This is such a giant production. It is like making eight short feature films, just in terms of how many storylines we have to write, and then the production obviously is an enormous undertaking. We are doing everything in our power to start releasing seasons more quickly, but once a year might be a hard target to hit.” Counting down the days.

Penelope will continue to write as Lady Whistledown

Via Netflix

Unlike the book where Penelope stops her column after she is revealed as Lady Whistledown, it seems the series will not be following the same route.

Jess explained: “I think that there’s more to come with Lady Whistledown. Now Pen will have to navigate what it’s like to be a public gossip columnist, not only dealing with the people she writes about, but also taking steps to be more accountable in what she writes. I think accountability and authenticity are two things that she’s had to really face this season, and we’re gonna continue that thread going into season four.”

Producers are trying to ensure Julie Andrews can stay involved in the show

Via YouTube and Netflix

Showrunner Jess Brownell has discussed the future of Julie’s role on Bridgerton, revealing: “It’s Julie Andrews — I’m obsessed with her. I would hate to lose her from the show. While she is, in many ways, the voice of Penelope when she was trying to hide herself, I also think she’s just become so iconic as the voice of Lady Whistledown. So we’re playing with different ideas in season four, and people have to wait and see where we go with that.”

We will start to see more of Michaela

Via Netflix

In the original Bridgerton books, Francesca’s husband John passes away after the two move to Scotland together. She then starts to become close with his cousin Michael, who the show has changed to become Michaela instead. We learn in the books that they’ve always had feelings for Francesca, so I’m sure this is something we’ll start noticing in season four.

Most of the cast will be returning, including Cressida Cowper

Via Netflix

A lot of the current cast have confirmed they’ll be back for next season, and it looks like Cressida will be returning too as her name features on the IMBb page for season four of Bridgerton.

Jess Brownell doesn’t feel like she’s done with her storyline yet either, as she told Vanity Fair: “If I have my druthers, there’s more I’d like to do with her. It felt too early to give her a big happy ending. We’ve watched two seasons of her being a real bully, and I love understanding where that comes from. And I love that people are feeling more sympathy for her now, more empathy, but she has a bit more growth to do before she gets her happy ending. But ultimately I do hope to give her one.”

We might be leaving the confines of the ton

Via Netflix

With Kate off to India, Cressida in Wales and both Francesca and Eloise settling in Scotland it seems everyone is moving away from London and the ton. The showrunner has confirmed the world of Bridgerton really opens up next season in a way that they’re “very excited about.” 2026 can’t come soon enough!

Bridgerton season three is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.