Jeffrey Dahmer Ariana Grande

Victim’s family demands Ariana Grande apologies for Jeffrey Dahmer comments

‘She’s sick in her mind’

Ariana Grande has received an angry backlash from Jeffrey Dahmer’s victims families for sharing on a recent podcast that serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer was her dream dinner date.

Last week, Ariana Grande laughed as she told Penn Badgley on his Podcrushed podcast that she found Dahmer “fascinating.” Shirley, mother of deaf and non verbal Tony Hughes who was killed in 1991 by Dahmer, has retaliated and said to TMZ: “To me, it seems like she’s sick in her mind. It’s not fancy or funny to say you would have wanted to do dinner with him.”

It was revealed that Ariana Grande had made the comment about Jeffrey Dahmer being her dream dinner date whilst at a Q&A for younger fans earlier in her career which she has been criticised for. Shirely Hughes said to TMZ: ”It’s also not something you should say to young people, which she says she did.”

Jeffrey Dahmer Ariana Grande

via YouTube

According to TMZ, the mentioning of Dahmer caused upset for the families and Barbra, Tony’s sister said: “Unfortunately, until it happens to her and her family, she just doesn’t know what we have been through.”

Ariana Grande didn’t mention the victim’s families on the podcast after making the comment which Shirley said was “troubling.” Barbara said that Ariana needs to “apologise” so that fans know “this isn’t right.”

This isn’t the first instance the victims families have been upset about Dahmer being mentioned as when the Netflix show Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story was released and Evan Peters won a Golden Globe, Shirley told TMZ: ”There’s a lot of sick people around the world, and people winning acting roles from playing killers keeps the obsession going and this makes sick people thrive on the fame.”

Shirley’s son Tony Hughes, was 31 when he was killed by Dahmer in 1991 when he met him at a bar. Dahmer killed and dismembered 17 men between 1978 and 1991.

Currently, Ariana Grande’s team have not responded to the situation.

For all the latest music and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook.

Ariana Grande is getting dragged for saying her dream dinner date is Jeffrey Dahmer

Licking doughnuts and stealing boyfriends: All of Ariana Grande’s biggest controversies

Ariana Grande defends her voice changing mid-interview after getting backlash online

Featured image via Podcrushed on YouTube.