Queer Eye Jonathan Van Ness

Jonathan Van Ness has finally responded to claims they were a ‘nightmare’ on Queer Eye set

‘I could have done better’

Netflix’s Queer Eye star Jonathan Van Ness has spoken out for the first time about the claims they were a “nightmare” to work with and said it is “untrue.”

Back in March, four sources from Queer Eye productions and three former colleagues who worked there spoke anonymously to Rolling Stone and described Jonathan, who uses they/them pronouns, behind the scenes as a “nightmare” and that they ”at least once a day would need to yell at somebody.”

On Wednesday’s episode of Table Manner’s podcast with Jessie and Lennie Ware, Jonathan broke their silence on the allegations for the first time. They acknowledged some of the specific claims such as yelling at people and said: “I could have done better.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Jonathan Van Ness (@jvn)

Apparently Jonathan and their cast mates knew about the Rolling Stone article in December, before it was released in March, and they said on the podcast: “Information was taken out of context” to make them look “as bad as possible.”

On knowing the article would eventually be released they said: “I was walking on eggshells being like, ‘When is this going to happen?’ And then it finally did happen.”