Your Honor was savagely cancelled after season two, but now Netflix could save it

I’m listening!

Your Honor has just been added to Netflix in the US, which it turns out could be a great move for us all, as it could result in us getting the show for a season three.

The drama sees Adam get entangled in a hit-and-run case which involves a member of a mafia family. As a result his father, who is himself a judge, tries to cover up his crime, in order to protect him from the law. Adam is played by Hunter Doohan (Wednesday) and his father Michael is played by Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad, all round legend).

The show gained a lot of interest, but was ultimately cancelled after two seasons. But could Netflix change that?

Why Your Honor was cancelled and if it could get a season three

via Showtime

Why was Your Honor cancelled after season two?

Originally, Your Honor was a drama which ran for two seasons, from 2020-2023. It was initially supposed to be a one-season miniseries, but did well enough for a second season on Showtime.

In April 2023, Bryan Cranston spoke of the possibility of his involvement in a third season. He said: “My comment was I’m not sure that there could be or there is [a season three]. There is some discussion. Showtime has indicated there is interest and we’re very proud to know that every episode in season two increased in the audience from the previous week. If it happens, fantastic, but it’d have to be some great reason to keep expanding in this world and to find out where the allegiances are.”

However, despite seeming positive, viewing figures for the show’s second season took a nose dive. According to Collider, episodes barely brought in 250,000 viewers each week, which was a significant drop from the previous season. It was also slated on Rotten Tomatoes with an average score of 67 per cent, meaning it was never justified to make another season.

Could Netflix bring back Your Honor for a season three?

via Showtime

As part of a licensing deal with Showtime, Netflix has acquired Your Honor in the US. The show has gone straight into the top 10, gaining huge viewing numbers.

According to Forbes, these types of numbers will raise discussions for another season. The publication has said: “If there was interest before this from Showtime, then there has to be a lot more now. The idea here may be that all this Netflix interest could drive more sign-ups for Showtime once a season three comes out, though given how this is playing out, that would be years from now.

“I would say things seem promising for season three based on its current, surprising Netflix success. More to come, I imagine, so stay tuned.”

Your Honor is currently available on Netflix in the US and Amazon Prime in the UK. For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.