Jess and Harriett’s ongoing petty drama is the best part of Love Island 2024, here’s why

The true prize of the show is the two of them arguing

Romance is boring this year on Love Island but Jess and Harriett disliking each other for no apparent reason is one of Love Island’s 2024 greatest TV feuds. I think the fact there is no actual pinpoint to how it started makes it all the more petty.

Both girls are stunning and have great personalities, so this is no shade to either of them but they are just as bad as each other. It’s like the producers casted the pair to play the role and wouldn’t it be the best plot twist if they walked out the villa being best friends? Yeah, might be unlikely but there’s always hope.

Someone tweeted: “Jess has an irrational hate for Harriett and it needs to be studied.” I’m sure the pair will reveal all once they leave the villa. Let’s forget the romances and Joey Essex being a menace for a second and focus on why the Love Island 2024 Jess and Harriett feud is top summer television right now:

Oscar worthy crying scenes

via ITV

Harriett needs to get an acting deal after Love Island because this girl loves to cry whenever her name gets slightly dragged. I totally relate as I’m an emotional wreck and after some wine I would probably be the same. However, it’s so entertaining that whenever Jess says something about Harriett, immediately she’s off to blow dry her lashes. Although, it was slightly mean after Harriett had a great date with Ronnie, immediately Jess went to try her luck with him again. She knew that would upset Harriett and it came across as quite jealous, good TV though.

Jess is the prize and don’t forget it!

via ITV

Part of why this feud works well is that Jess thinks she is TOTALLY above Harriett. Take a shot every time Jess has said “I’m the prize” which will undoubtedly be on future Primark T-shirts. Even last night, when Harriett was called out by Ciaran for being the “third choice”, Jess has never been anyone’s first yet. Does she still think she is the prize? Probably. She even was comforting Harriett a few nights ago and giving her advice, I can see Jess releasing an Agony Aunt podcast when she leaves the villa – she is entertaining so I would listen.

Don’t even get started on the Ronnie situation

Love Island 2024 Jess and Harriett

via ITV

If you’ve not been following this drama here is how it is put simply: Jess and Harriett have been obsessed with the same man since they entered the villa. Ronnie is not even all that (no offence) and the pair have both been coupled up with him at one time. My favourite moment was Jess telling Ronnie she still had some feelings for him, he turned her down and she said: “You don’t get to decide that.” So delusional but true, she’s putting up a fight for him and Harriett needs to watch out.

One is outspoken and the other is a fly on the wall

Love Island 2024 Jess and Harriett

via ITV

People on Twitter have been coming for Jess saying that she gives ”mean girl energy”. Yet, the two of them are as bad as each other except Harriett is a lot more sly. She has been bragging for days about being with Ronnie in front of Jess and in the first few episodes she didn’t tell Jess about her kiss in the hideaway with him – which people seem to be forgetting. It’s still too early to say who exactly is the most two faced but being straight up, as Jess is, doesn’t make you the better person either. Someone on Twitter said: “Jess you are two faced and you haven’t told Harriett every single thing you said about her, you’re very sly.” Movie night is going to be great. 

The sniggering

via ITV

Okay, Jess loses points on my side for this one as I did feel for Harriett last night when she got laughed at when Ciaran took several swipes at her. I am a huge girl code supporter and from going to an all girl’s school, I would be sticking up for it. Jess is known for laughing in several inappropriate places such as when Joey was standing by himself – bit of an ick. So perhaps she just laughs when she feels awkward? Nope, I think she totally laughs at Harriett’s expense and I’m excited to see tonight if Jess comforts her at all.

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.