MAFS Australia salary

‘Can’t pay rent’: Inside the salary the MAFS Australia cast have to get by on

One of the cast said they were ‘broke’ after filming

The MAFS Australia cast are filming for a while, so it stands to reason that with all that time off work they get paid a salary. One of the Married at First Sight Australia contestants, who has remained anonymous, has spoken out about the salary and claimed they were so broke after filming they couldn’t pay rent.

Speaking to The Daily Telegraph, the cast member said the brides and grooms were paid $150 a day and given a $125 food allowance.

“I am broke after having appeared on the show. I couldn’t even make my rent payments with what we were being paid,” the anonymous cast member said.

“We would film late so I would be ordering takeaway most nights. I spent a bomb on outfits, hair and make-up, and to top it off, they didn’t even let us wear what we wanted.”

It’s not the first time the MAFS Australia cast have spoken out about the salary they get. Mikey Pembroke from 2020 spoke out about what the cast get paid when he was on a podcast previously, calling out the split between how much the show makes versus what trickles down to the cast.

“You don’t get paid at all – this is a thing that needs to change,” he said on the I’ve Got News for You podcast.

The show makes an incredible amount of money. And, say, you were on, you know, a TV show that does really well, the actors get paid more and more because it’s doing so well.

“They [the MAFS participants] are the ones putting themselves out there, and then the channel makes millions and millions of dollars in advertising.”

For all the latest MAFS Australia 2024 news and gossip and for more like this on their salary, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.