MAFS Australia cast reveal the sneaky tactics producers use to make it as staged as possible

I am SHOOK

Previous MAFS Australia cast members have been speaking out about sneaky little tactics the producers use to make the show as staged and dramatic as possible. We know whatever they do works, as the 2024 series has been more chaotic than ever.

From editing the cast beyond belief to making sure we as an audience get the full dramatic experience, the MAFS Australia producers work hard to put together the show we see. But that does come at a cost. Previous cast members have been spilling all about how the chaos isn’t always that authentic, and have said these little tips and tricks have been used time and time again already during the current season.

They’ve pretty much confirmed producers have made MAFS Australia 2024 one of the most staged seasons yet – and it’s a lot.

MAFS Australia producers making 2024 experiment staged

via Channel 9 / E4

Producers will cut interviews in a different order, so cast members will be seen saying completely different things

Speaking on the So Dramatic! podcast, Alyssa Barmonde has spilled all about some of the editing tactics she’s noticed producers using during the 2024 season. She revealed there’s a reason why sometimes the cast members sound a bit disjointed when they speak, and that’s because parts of their speeches have been cut up and put back together in a different order, so they say something completely different.

She said producers “stitch sentences together to make new sentences” and explained cast members have five to six 30-minute interviews per day, and producers will take “a sentence or two” and “place it wherever they want”. She added: ““I’ve also heard they’re [the interviews] all transcribed. So they can find certain words to use and place them in other spots.”

Ollie Skelton posted a video where he had spotted this happening clear as day during MAFS Australia 2024. The moment came when Tori was talking about Jack, and you can tell her speech is jumping and has been chopped up. He then said her speaking to camera was an answer she had given to a completely different question from producers.

Reactions aren’t always authentic

A trick we all know producers of every reality show use is showing other cast members’ shocked reactions in different places. Alyssa Barmonde confirmed this has been happening on MAFS Australia 2024. So when you see a cast member gasp for example, they’re probably not actually gasping at what we’ve just seen happen on-screen.

via Channel 9 / E4

“We have to film scenes a few times,” she said. “They’ll take wide angles and close-up shots. Producers will say: ‘Nod your head. Look concerned. Shake your head,’ and then they’ll use those reactions for something completely different.”

Umm, apparently the experts are fed lines?!

Also according to Alyssa, the MAFS Australia experts are actually wearing earpieces, and are fed scripted lines of what to say. Umm, what?!

“News flash, the experts aren’t real,” she said on Instagram. “They’re wearing earpieces the whole time and are being fed what to say by production. On the couch, they ask a question, you answer. Then they sit, nod and smile, and you can HEAR the voices from the earpiece telling them what to say next.”

via Channel 9 / E4

Music plays a big part of making the show look a certain way

We’ve all noticed the mega dramatic music when something’s going down at a dinner party, or a couple are having a huge argument. Well, of course that’s not done by accident! The producers will choose music to reflect the mood, to heighten how we feel as viewers at any given time. Magic!

For all the latest MAFS Australia 2024 news and gossip, like The Holy Church of MAFS on Facebook.