Georgia Steel Love Island quit

Georgia Steel has quit social media after Love Island All Stars due to trolling

‘She needs to take some time offline’

Georgia Steel has allegedly quit social media for an extended break after leaving the Love Island All Stars villa, after finding it difficult to deal with the trolling and backlash to her in there.

Georgia was a controversial character in the villa after her romantic endeavours with Callum and Toby resulted in a chaotic movie night – where she got exposed for some of her lies and flirts on the show. Her and Toby went on to finish in fourth place.

“Georgia felt like she needed to take a bit of an extended social detox, she was really quite shocked when she heard about the trolling she received while she was in the villa and wants to keep offline for a bit,” a source told MailOnline. “It was a really horrible experience for her friends and family having to see such nasty comments and hate on her feed. She is really happy and in such a good place with Toby. She also knows she has had a lot of support online and is grateful.”

Georgia is the only Islander not to post on socials since leaving the villa. Her team had since called out viewers behaviour and comments on Georgia Steel saying “The last few episodes have been difficult for us to watch, but what’s far worse is the hate Georgia is receiving online.

“It is a TV show and everyone has their opinions, please remember it’s not real life! Sending vile threats and nasty messages and comments is totally unacceptable. Trolling is not OK. Georgia is a daughter, granddaughter, sister and friend, and these hurtful comments will not only devastate her when she leaves the villa but also deeply hurt those around her.”

For all the latest Love Island news and gossip and for more like this story about Georgia Steel making the decision to quit social media, and for all the best memes and quizzes, like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.