Taylor Swift stalking

A man has been arrested for stalking Taylor Swift outside her apartment in New York

He allegedly tried to break into her apartment with flowers

A man has been arrested for stalking Taylor Swift by allegedly trying to break into her apartment in New York City.

The New York Police Department said that officers received a call about a “disorderly person” on Franklin Street in Tribeca.

A public information officer added: “Upon arrival, police were informed that the individual attempted to open a door to a building at the location.”

An eyewitness has confirmed that the man was trying to break into Taylor’s apartment: “I first saw him around 1 p.m. — he went up to Taylor’s door. I’m not sure if he knocked or rang the doorbell.”

The man, who had shaggy brown hair and was wearing beige trousers and a hoodie was referred to as “David” and was then pictured being handcuffed and taken away by police. He reportedly remains in custody.

The source told Page Six they had seen the man scouring the area where Taylor Swift lives “for a few weeks”.

A neighbour said the man was “sleeping on the stoop, chain-smoking constantly, shouting, and generally making everyone uncomfortable.

“When he arrived before Christmas, my husband asked what he was doing here and he said, ‘I want to see Taylor’. He even had flowers at one point.”

Taylor Swift stalking

Via David Fisher/Shutterstock

Neighbours claim they called police “many times” but officers did not do anything until the man actually tried to get into the building.

“I asked him to leave this morning and he just stared at me, catatonic. Total nutcase.”

Three of Taylor Swift’s bodyguards were also seen hanging around her apartment earlier in the day before the man arrived.

This isn’t the first time Taylor Swift has had an issue with stalkers. In May 2023, Mitchel Taebel was arrested after allegedly stalking Taylor by visiting her home in Nashville, Tennesee. He reportedly sent pictures of weapons to Taylor’s team saying he would “destroy them.”

Mitchel also referred to Taylor as his “soulmate” and reportedly told her dad that “he is the only one that can make her secure.” Another stalker Joshua Christian tried to gain entry to Taylor’s home in Tribeca and threatened her through the intercom in July 2022.