Walmart yodelling kid 2023

Where is Mason Ramsey, the kid who went viral for yodelling in a Walmart now?

He did a stint working at Subway

The Walmart yodelling kid era was the golden era of the internet. In 2018, Mason Ramsey, probably better known as the Walmart yodelling kid, went viral after yodelling in the middle of Walmart in his little bow tie and cowboy boots. He sang Lovesick Blues by Hank Williams in an Illinois Walmart and his life quickly changed.

But the yodelling kid is being talked about recently as people are just realising that controversial comedian Matt Rife came for him by mocking his birthmark in 2018 when he was just 12 years old. But five years later he’s 17 and what’s Mason Ramsey up to right now?

Where is Mason Ramsey, the Walmart yodelling kid now and what’s he up to in 2023?

After going viral for singing Lovesick Blues aged 11 in 2018, Mason ended up signing a record deal and even performing at Coachella. He also performed Old Town Road with Lil Nas X at the 2020 Grammy Awards and Billboard Hot 100’s 60th Birthday event, covering songs by Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Whitney Houston and Beyoncé. What a legend.

@masonramsey

I’ve been livin’ my best life..how have y’all been?!

♬ Before I Knew It – Mason Ramsey

After a year-long break, he then did a Burger King advert where he yodels about cow-based methane emissions. Then last year, his song “Before I Knew It” which he released on his 2019 EP called Twang went viral on TikTok. He began duetting people using it and updating people about his life.

But after this, he took a bit of a hiatus from releasing music and social media. He was also working in Subway for a while and posted a TikTok of him at work. Then in April earlier this year, he posted a video captioned “I’m back” and said he was returning to making music and social media content after a 1,389-day hiatus.

In June this year, Mason released his single “Reasons to Come Home” which was his first new release in nearly four years. His latest EP “Falls Into Place” was then released on the 20th of October. He began doing promo for this on his TikTok and asked people to stream it so he didn’t have to go back to working at Subway. King.

@masonramsey

Run Run Rudolph (Mason’s Version) is out now everywhere just in time for the holidays🎄

♬ Run Run Rudolph (Mason’s Version) – Mason Ramsey

And now Mason is getting in the festive spirit and has done a festive country cover of Run Run Rudolph titled “Run Run Rudolph (Mason’s Version) so he might actually be a Swiftie you guys?? And I have to say it kind of slaps and I WILL be playing in the background as I tuck into my pigs in blankets at Christmas. He’s also been posting lots of different country Christmas covers on his TikTok.

He now has a merch line and has been touring sold-out shows across the US. 2023 really is the Walmart yodelling kid’s year and I’m happy for the guy.

@masonramsey

Thank you for coming on this journey with me ❤️

♬ All I Wanna Be – Mason Ramsey

For all the latest celeb, reality TV and entertainment news and gossip, like Pop Culture Shrine on Facebook