Paint grandad died

Guys, the grandad who ate paint thinking it was yoghurt has died and I’m not okay

His granddaughter confirmed he passed away in a statement on Instagram

So, do you remember the meme of the grandad who ate half a tub of paint thinking it was yoghurt from a couple of years ago? Well, I’ve got some bad news for you, he has sadly passed away.

In a statement on Instagram, his granddaughter shared that Bobby died “peacefully in his sleep” earlier this year.

Bobby went viral in 2019 after his granddaughter Alex posted a picture of him with paint around his mouth and a half-empty paint tub with the caption: “Sooo my grandpa ate half a quart of paint today thinking it was yoghurt.”

At the time, Bobby’s stomach was apparently “unfazed” by the paint incident.

But sadly, over the weekend rumours have been circulating online about Bobby’s death. And in a post on Instagram four days ago, his granddaughter Alex confirmed that he passed away in June this year. Last Thursday would have been his 92nd birthday.

The statement, which was posted alongside an emotional compilation of videos and pictures of Bobby, said: “Today would’ve been Bobby’s 92nd birthday. For those who don’t know, he passed away peacefully in his sleep this June. And though he’s missed tremendously, he really did live a long, happy, healthy & fulfilling life as a doctor, musician, father, and grandfather.

“He loved nothing more than to make people laugh, so having the internet as his audience truly meant the world to him. Huge thanks to everyone who’s supported Bobby boy over the years — I’m confident you guys will keep his legend alive.”

Tributes have since been pouring in for Bobby. One comment on the statement reads: “RIP Bobby the GOAT. Core memory of me teen years was watching the videos of him being posted, always made me laugh and smile.”

Another one added: “I was JUST thinking about him too. He definitely left his mark and he was loved so so much! Thank you for all the laughs and smiles Bobby. You’ll never be forgotten, silly paint eating old man. Rest in peace.”

After going viral in 2019, Bobby set up an Instagram account to document his life and antics. His bio reads: “Retired psychiatrist, yogurt connoisseur and your grandma’s favourite meme.”

Before his death, Bobby’s granddaughter Alex said her grandad was obsessed with yoghurt. “When I say he loves yoghurt, he LIVES for yoghurt. My mom buys at least seven quarts of vanilla Danon yoghurt a week,” she said.

“My grandpa has always loved entertaining people. He doesn’t care whether people are laughing with him or at him.”

Featured images via Instagram and X