Holly Willoughby kidnap

Man arrested over plot to kidnap Holly Willoughby: Here’s what we know

A man has just been charged with ‘soliciting to commit murder and incitement to commit kidnap’

A man has been arrested and charged over a suspected plot to kidnap and murder This Morning’s Holly Willoughby.

Holly was missing from This Morning yesterday and today and is said to be on 24-hour police protection at her house in London.

Gavin Plumb, a 36- year old man from Harlow in Essex, was arrested yesterday and has been charged with “soliciting to commit murder and incitement to commit kidnap”.

He is currently in custody and appeared at Chelmsford Magistrates Court today. Plumb was found in possession of weapons and had contacted a hitman in the US to kill Holly Willoughby, the court heard today.

In court, he only spoke to confirm his name and address. He was remanded in custody and will appear in the crown court on the 3rd of November.

It’s unclear how police first became aware of the plot but after his phone and other devices were taken, police found “sinister messages” threatening to kidnap and “seriously harm” her.

Holly Willoughby does not know the man who has been charged. Gavin Plumb is a father of one and a security guard at the Pinnacles Shopping Centre in Harlow. He has previously worked at McDonald’s and Pizza Hut.

A neighbour of Gavin Plumb told The Sun: “I saw him being led out of his flat in handcuffs last night at about nine o’clock” and another added: “The police car has been there all day. Earlier on there was a forensics van.”

Detective Superintendent Rob Kirby said: “This was an extremely fast-paced investigation, with many of our officers and national partners working overnight to secure these charges.

“The safeguarding of any victim is paramount and we will continue to prioritise this and working with the Metropolitan Police Service as the investigation proceeds.”

This Morning bosses were made aware of the plot yesterday morning and Holly was “left distraught” and pulled out of the show shortly before she was due to go on air. Alison Hammond replaced her on the programme without any explanation.

Holly’s co-star Josie Gibbons said on the show: “Look who’s joined me. It’s only the one and only Alison Hammond!”

“Oh, Josie! I hope you don’t mind, I got a bit jealous. I saw you and Holly and you were talking about being blonde and I thought I’m going to shake this up a bit. I’m getting in there”, replied Alison.

On today’s programme, Alison Hammond is presenting alongside Dermot O’Leary.

ITV is also providing 24-hour security alongside the police.

This is a developing story. We will update as and when we have more information. 

Featured image via This Morning.